Software Engineer Cloud Networking - SDWAN
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You'll Work With
Your role will be Software Engineer in SD-WAN NextGen Management plane (vManage) team and you will be part of a world-class Software Engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in Enterprise Switches and Routers connecting to Cloud applications. You will have the opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of SD-WAN and market defining Cloudnetworking.
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Strong design/programming skills, Knowledge of designing dynamic large-scale, multi-tenant, distributed systems using Java/Cloud (AWS, Azure) environments is required. Working knowledge of virtualization/container technology Docker/Kubernetes is preferred.
- Should have extensive Cloud Networking constructs experience in one or more of Public Cloud models – Azure vNET, AWS.
- Own what you build - Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality in the face of time to market pressures.
- Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is necessary.
- Hands on experience in VM and Container networking configuration is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge in RESTful APIs, configuration management, and operational models is necessary.
What You'll Do
- Participate on a project team of highly skilled engineers involved in the software development for vManage, a centralized SD-WAN management controller.
- Define, Architect, Design, and Deliver new software and features in Enterprise networking management systems.
Day to day activities will involve: creating new features, understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers on the team, and helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
Who You Are
You are motivated, driven and a teammate. You'll be willing to learn and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are meaningful.
You have a strong background in software development including specification, implementation and testing.
From a technical point of view, you should have some familiarity with at least few of these areas:
- Bachelors with 5+ years’ experience, or Masters with 3+ years' experience
- Exemplary programming skills
- Virtualization technologies
- Distributed & scalable systems
- WebServer development
- Routing protocol
- Cloud based SaaS development
- Neo4j, Kafka, Elasticsearch technologies
- Java J2EE expertise
- We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.