Software Engineer - Cloud DB Platforms
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Software Engineer – Cloud DB Platforms
Who you will work with:
Cisco is transforming its database platforms to run the next generation of cloud-native and multi-cloud services. This role offers a superb opportunity to transform how infrastructure platforms are developed and managed with full software automation. This team is responsible to develop database platforms that provides self-service provisioning and management capabilities to the clients, and at the same time is highly available with self-healing, full lifecycle monitoring and management capabilities.
What you will Do
You will a member of a software engineering team that develops capabilities for the database platform running Cisco’s critical business applications. Our team is seeking a software engineer with, extensive experience in enterprise-level software development and building and automating cloud-native platforms, to join a team of talented engineers developing a multi-cloud application hosting database platforms.
• Collaborate with other core services team members to define roadmap, write clear user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria, design, and build solutions
• Build, deploy, and operate large scale database platform using Python, Django
• Develop and deliver automation software required for building & improving the functionality, reliability, availability, and manageability of databases and cloud platforms
• Design and develop APIs in conjunction with other team members
• Ensure the quality, performance, robustness, and scalability of the services you implement
• Involve in all aspects of platform and services development and deployment
• Automate the development and test automation processes through CI/CD pipeline (Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Docker containers)
• Champion and drive the adoption of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices and mindset
Who you are
You are an excellent Software Engineer with software design, architecture and development experience building cloud platform and deploying cloud-based microservices application. You have a solid background in and understanding of software systems with strong programming experience with the ability to work closely with the rest of the Engineering team from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. You’re passionate about this role and also believe that automation is key to operating largescale systems. You’re flexible and willing to learn new things in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of solid hands-on software development experience with a focus on continuous delivery and deployment, enterprise application development, cloud automation
• Software programming experience in one or more programming languages: Python, Django and/or Flask, Angular
• Experience building cloud-based application using micro-services and deploying in virtual/containerized environments
• Excellent knowledge of building cloud-native and server-side RESTful applications, APIs and automation tools
• Strong database CRUD experience: SQL, NoSQL
• Understanding of Software design patterns, SDLC, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• A drive to get things done in a highly collaborative and agile development environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE or equivalent is required.
• Experience building platform and running services in public cloud (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
• Experience or familiarity with any of these technologies – Openstack, MongoDB or MySQL
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!