Software Engineer - Cloud Collaboration
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
In Cisco’s Collaboration Team we offer the best collaboration suite in the industry. Our mission is to offer a suite of collaboration products that allows our customers to have the most meaningful and productive collaboration in your workplace. We are making that experience easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As part of the Webex Suite of Collaboration Services there is a solution called UCM Cloud which focuses on the calling aspect of collaboration. As an Individual Contributor in UCM Cloud Calling Engineering you would be responsible for Implementing each customer solution and making sure each solution is validated via automation. In conjunction with the Architects, you will review each customer configuration and make sure any concerns have automation test defined and run against the solution. Analytics are critical to any cloud offering and understanding and prioritizing the ones most critical to this task is also a must. The platform supports customers working on prem and over the top off prem, therefore, understanding how the different network options affect reliability and quality of service is required.
A key focus will be to design solutions and work with other engineers to implement designs with full confidence and understanding.
Your Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Demonstrate Strong Ownership & Relevance
• Building cloud applications that are highly scalable and highly available
• Building high performing RESTFul web services and APIs
• Lead/Participate in Requirements, Planning, Design, Review discussions.
• Work in a Continuous integration environment with highest focus on software standards and quality
• Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining product and project level architecture.
• Innovate and generate new ideas for Product & Process, BU and Cisco, build prototypes, propose ideas
• Publish whitepapers and write technical blogs
• Analyze customer feedback and customer issues, participate actively in customer support activities which includes triage & providing resolutions
• Incrementally upgrade & develop new skills to adopt to new product requirements, participate and present leanings in a BU level forums
• Document software design, flows and use cases using various software design techniques like Sequence Diagrams, Architectural Diagrams, Class Diagrams etc...
• Good Team Player - Recognize & Respect each other, Have Fun, Adopt to Cisco Culture, Demonstrate highest Ethics & Integrity, Give importance to Health & Family
• Take initiative and be responsible for Self-Development, Seek Mentor-ship, Take self-improvement trainings
• Work in an agile environment, adopt to obstacle culture and team first attitude
• 8-10 years of experience in Web Technologies (programming using Java/J2EE and Python/Django, Spring, REST, SOAP, Apache Tomcat/Nginx/httpd)
• 4+ years of experience in Cloud Technologies using AWS
• Hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS (Architecture, Development, Deployment and Troubleshooting on cloud platforms)
• DB: Both SQL (Postgres) and any No-SQL DB like Mongo
• UI/UX (Angular 8)
• Cloud skills – Cloud Framework (SNS, SQS, KMS, S3, API G/W etc...) Docker, Serverless Process, Access Control
• Knowledge of Cloud deployment techniques using Cloud Formation, Fargate etc...
• GIT/Gerrit/Jenkins, Should have experience with CI/CD and complete cloud application lifecycle
• Good experience using Build Tools (Gradle, Maven, ANT etc...)
• Should have experience working on RHEL or any flavors of Linux
• Good experience with test coverage tools with various testing techniques
• Good experience using IDE (like Eclipse etc...)
• AWS Certification (Solution Architect, Dev associates) is desired
• Any experience in cloud security is a plus
• Any experience w/ AAA, SSO, IDP, SAML is a plus
• Any experience on Service Discovery/Distributed Caching is a plus
• Good Team work and collaboration skills
• Strong Problem solving skills
• Strong articulation and communication skills