Software Engineer- C, Linux, SDWAN
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing
What You'll Do
You’re a deeply motivated and skilled software developer who is encouraged to deliver and lead through others, as well as personally working to reach innovative solutions to business problems. You will interact with multiple teams and craft a solution. You're super thrilled to be the one responsible for power-on and bringing life to the most sophisticated networking system in the world. You would not hesitate to roll-up your sleeves and have a ‘I will figure it out " demeanor.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for Cisco SD-WAN solution. Design, and deliver new software and features in the areas of Configuration Management, Model development, Bootup/Default configuration and integration with Network Management System. These are key building blocks of SD-WAN controller-based architecture. Day to day activities include: building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, , improve its performance, or handle customer issues. You will also work closely with system test and validation engineers to help in integration. You will build technical designs and get it reviewed by key partners and implement the solutions.
Who You Are
- At least 1 year of experience, with BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or similar degree
- Experience in Data Structures, Algorithms, and System Design
- Expertise in Netconf/YANG
- Understanding of network layer protocols
- You possess the aptitude to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- You are good with writing distributed platform and system software
- Understanding of Linux and network resource management
- You are an excellent C programmer and possess strong analytical and logical solving skills
- Prefer strong skills in Python scripting
- Strong fundamentals in Operating Systems, Data Structures, and System Design.
- Experience with programming on embedded systems or with socket programming
- Experience with system integration of end-to-end system is desirable
- Experience with customer interaction for technical problem-solving is desirable.
- Proactive, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team building skills. This role requires the ability to work across departments and with other teams.
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in interpersonal efforts to improve overall group efficiency and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.