Software Engineer - C| Linux | Networking - BLR - (5 to 8 years)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
CSG N/W Infra PI Group designs and develops high-performance system software for various Cisco Platforms which includes Enterprise Switching & Routers, Datacenter Switches, Service Provider Routing Platforms. This is one of the team where we are leading the Enterprise Industry with several innovations; and we are in an exciting phase in the rapidly evolving market. The opportunities here are boundless, and we are sure you will add a character to the dynamism of this team!
Who You'll Work With
Our Team develops the Complete Network Operating Software stack right from Core OS, to System Infrastructure to Network Protocols and Application Software and works in close collaboration with Platform development teams to enable the OS on the existing and future platforms.
This group's ownership spans Network/System Infrastructure technologies including L2 Technologies, IP, IPV6, Transport Protocols, Security and Applications .
Who You Are
- Hands on Engineer/leader who can work on Architecture, design and development of Networking technologies.
- Partner with the test org to automate & build joint infrastructure that serves both Unit-Test and Feature/Integration test.
- Build new, modular features across a wide range of next-gen products.
- RTOS Internals, High Availability, L3 and L4 Protocols like IP, IPV6, TCP, UDP etc
- Develop innovative solutions to revolutionize for the next generation manageability.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical interfaces in multi-location, across business units.
- Strong C, OS and Network protocols knowledge.
- Strong background in Linux with emphasis on Virtualization and orchestration.
- Good at protocols like L2 Technologies, IPv4, v6, TCP, UDP
- Familiarity with one or more areas in Routing technologies: MPLS, AAA, DHCP, DNS
- Knowledge in Python, or any scripting tool.
- Exposure to product life cycle and tools.
Additional skills preferred:
- Exposure to building high performance and scalable systems.
- Experience in deployment architectures in routing and switching areas, and customer communications.
- Experience in using TGENS from IXIA or Spirent family
- SDN, Netconf/ Yang, REST APIs
- One or more Data Analytics tools like ELK and Data Representation tools.
Experience & Education:
BE/ B.Tech with minimum 6-8 yrs of development in networking industry experience.
ME/ M. Tech with minimum 4-6 yrs of development in networking industry experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!