Software Engineer - Full Stack - Network Intuitive and Software Defined Access (SDA) solutions
Location:Milpitas, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Cisco is a $40 Billion dollar global leader in supplying leading edge, best-in-class networking products driving today's Internet. The company is ranked as one of the world's best employers and spends over $5 Billion dollars a year invested in R&D. Cisco is a great place to grow your career.
Central Software Group (CSG) seeks an experienced Engineer to deliver software solutions for our Service-Provider/ DataCenter/Enterprise products. This is an excellent opportunity to participate in development of flexible software in CSG for the next generation networking product’s.
Role & Responsibilities
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of protocols for Cisco products. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities:
● Work closely with other SW and HW Engineers to develop and support protocols.
● Design, and determine product direction.
● Represent your team with other Cisco departments, customers, and industry.
● Author product and project specifications.
● Partner with Management Team in defining and planning projects.
● Take a lead role in Cisco¹s Patent Program.
● Ability to apply advanced networking principles, theories and concepts.
● Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products.
● Ability to effectively present technological concepts to a wide audience.
● Ability to influence the development of industry wide standards.
● Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
● Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
● Excellent teamwork and people skills
● Hands on experience with Java programming
● Knowledge and use of Netconf Yang models, developing REST API and JSON
● Experience with Kakfa/Cassandra and use of Kubernetes, Docker
● Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python)
● Familiarity with Unix/Linux
● Experience working on embedded systems
● Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
Master’s degree or Bsc with 5+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.