Software Engineer - Bachelors (Intern) - United States
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)San Jose, CA - San Francisco, CA - Richardson, TX - Austin, TX - RTP, NC - Cambridge, MA - Boxborough, MA
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
● Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for enhancements and new products
● Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools
● Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences on hardware design
Who You'll Work With
Play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
Who You Are
Our minimum requirements for this role:
● Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics
● Minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
● Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
● Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
● Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team
● Excellent verbal and written skills
At Cisco, each person brings their own unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
● We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
● We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
● We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
#univservsecjobs #univsoftwarejobs #SupplyChain #Services #Sales #Engineering #STO #IT #SoftwareOps #SoftwareEngineer #ComputerScience #Security @WeAreCisco
Share Software Engineer - Bachelors (Intern) - United States with Facebook Share Software Engineer - Bachelors (Intern) - United States with LinkedIn Share Software Engineer - Bachelors (Intern) - United States with Twitter Share Software Engineer - Bachelors (Intern) - United States with Google+ Share Software Engineer - Bachelors (Intern) - United States with a friend via e-mail