Software Engineer - Automation Testing - Python, Cloud, CI/CD - 4 to 7 Years
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who Are We:
Cisco Next Generation Fire Power Threat Defence (FTD) is the flagship product from Security Business Group (SBG). FTD integrates aware-willing ASA Firewall services and world best and well known IPS engine SNORT in to a high-performance appliance. It is an extremely successful product and continue to lead the market with threat centric focus and market differentiating features. Though we take phenomenal pride in being market leaders in threat security for long time, we are constantly innovating and improving our solutions to address the ever-changing threat perceptions and changing data security paradigms so that our customers are always secured. We take our customers trust in us very seriously and go all the way to ensure we protect their data all times. Our team works on leading security and threat mitigation solutions that are hard-working, scalable and easily manageable.
Currently, FTD team in India is looking for talented and motivated individuals who can work optimally in a collaborative environment and lead/contribute to the development and test of our next generation firewall technologies.
Who you are?
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in Testing and automation
• Hands on Engineer who can review and analyse system specifications.
• Able to write, automate and execute test scripts (both Manual and Automated)
• Reporting and documenting technical issues and with technical debugging.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams (User Experience, Test, Operations, Product Management, and Support etc) to define acceptance criteria.
• Participate in scrum ceremonies and update progress of assigned tasks in agile development tools.
• Exposure to cloud testing, deployments on AWS/Azure is desired.
• Automation experience with Python, Robot, Selenium.
• Exposure to shell and Unix scripting and working on Linux environment.
• Knowledge about Email protocols, security concepts like encryption, Phishing, malware and spam protection are a plus.
• Experience in building automation CI/CD pipeline
• Experience in Performance and Scalability testingResponsibilities
What you will do:
• Participate in designing and testing the New/Existing Functionality in the Product
• Ability to focus on deep internal aspects of the feature and its integration with the OS
• Should learn new features, technologies and platforms in a relatively short amount of time
• Will be Working on Linux , CI/CD , & Networking
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.