Software Engineer- Application Developer (Cloud, BigData Technologies)
Area of InterestInformation Technology
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more substantial than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What you'll do
Cisco IT is looking for a dynamic Software Engineer who is eager to drive innovation in one of the most groundbreaking Commerce platforms in the market. As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for software development, testing and support for Cisco Commerce & Subscription Billing Applications. You will set the highest standards by example on software development and innovation. You are responsible to solve complex business and technical problems. You set future direction for our cloud and agile development model. You build the practices to put a strong structure on quality and operational manageability. You have passion to drive quality using automated unit testing and attention to detail.
Who you'll work with
- You will report to a manager within the Lifecycle Transformation organization.
- You will work closely with Technical Leaders on strengthening the core of our commerce platforms and transformation efforts.
- You will influence Technical Leaders and peer IT team members to build trust and drive innovation.
- We work with Partners, Customers and Cisco Sellers to develop solutions for our Commerce, Subscription Billing platform. The Commerce Engineering team is responsible for the most advanced cloud native commerce applications and platform in the industry with unmatched performance, scale and analytics. You have a rare opportunity to join this exciting software team and work closely with your peers and IT leaders on strengthening the core of our commerce platforms and transformation efforts.
Who you are
You are a builder at heart and go all in on challenges to deliver groundbreaking solutions. Minimum qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field required, with 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Able to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software using Agile development methodologies, including daily standups and iteration planning meetings.
- Able to quickly iterate and refine planned features backlog based on partner needs.
- Manage individual project priorities and deliverables
- Familiar with web-based systems and architecture across the full-stack, with specific expertise in at least back or front-end development, databases & DevOps.
- Experience maintaining and scaling high-volume software systems in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated flexibility to last-minute changes to the system design and architecture
- Ability to understand the needs & challenges of different businesses and industries to build solutions to solve at scale.
- Participate in team activities to have fun and build positive culture that promotes teamwork and innovation.
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field, or MBA degree.
- Server-side software development experience using Java, C++, NodeJS, and/or other comparable technologies.
- Client-side web application development experience using Angular, React, jQuery
- Expertise in building large-scale systems using fault-tolerant technologies (such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra DB, & Kafka, Cloud technologies like GCP, AWS, Snowflake,…).
- Able to define and communicate a shared technical and architectural vision for a Release to ensure the system or Solution under development is fit for its intended purpose.
- Experience with deployment, continuous delivery, infrastructure management, software quality assurance (documentation, unit testing, test automation, security analysis, and code reviews).
- Experience with developing reporting interfaces, data feeds, and/or data visualizations for business & partner consumption.
- General understanding of enterprise commerce, sales, and software licensing is a plus.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired strong performers. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.