Software Engineer: Application Detection
Location:Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Cisco is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
We are looking for a Jurior/Mid-level Software Engineer to work on Cisco’s Application Detection Team. Major responsibilities include to help the support of our current application identification ad firewall capabilities of our Cisco Secure Firewall product, and work on the upcoming features of our roadmap. The position has to be for engineers that have experience with Test Driven Development, unit tests and some automation. Hiring for our Fulton, MD location, open to relocation within the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years C/C++ software development.
- Development experience with Linux/Unix platforms.
- Working experience and clear understanding of different Network Protocols.
- Team player
- Firewall experience support
- Experience developing and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Experience with Apache Spark and AWS
- Experience with Python, Scripting languages and Lua
- Machine Learning
- Agile Scrum methodology
- Test Driven Development
- Testing Automation experience
- IDS, IPS technologies and products
- Maintain the day to day operations for application and firewall related issues.
- Add new features and capabilities in the firewall.
- Update/create new manuals and design documents for any of the new features.
- Create the appropriate testing and automation scripts for the new features.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.