Software Development/Support Manager
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You’ll Do
In the Cisco Digital Enterprise Solutions (DES) group as part of Cisco Customer Experience (CX), we deliver business services and products to Cisco’s largest customers empowering and protecting today’s software-defined businesses within the function of Licensing and Entitlement development and field support. Licensing and Entitlement is a foundational service to over hundreds of thousands of Cisco customer and partners across the globe and your team will be critically responsible for developing and supporting this eco-system.
As Software Development/Support Team Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers via Agile scrums developing features and releases, measuring results (team workload management, team training, and development, overall team software development metrics and customer service metrics); generate product releases, handling security vulnerabilities, and handle critical customer issues and drive them to resolution. This is a DevOps style team where software engineers do both the development and support of their own code.
You will work with product management and product owners to develop the critical features for customers and develop the user stories and release plans. You will also present our products at times to customers, and understand and contribute to satisfying their use cases, identifying solutions to address those use cases, knowing when we need product fixes or enhancements. The talent to think fast on your feet, come up with answers that help address customer needs, and staying calm in a very demanding environment, is vital for success in this role.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
· Software Development of GoLang/Ruby/Java products for Cisco that are provided on-premise to customers as well as cloud
· Develop software according to Cisco software development methodology
· Understanding of deploying and support on-premise products (install, upgrades, remote debugging, …)
· Provide direct line management for your team consisting of software developers
· Lead the team in Krakow by being the team representative into larger Krakow eco-system and insuring team is included in Krakow site activities and plans
· Build positive relationships at site and engage with field and customer experience teams as well as United States based teams ensure an optimal experience for customers
· Mentor team members to develop technical and non-technical skills and facilitate junior members of the team to develop action plans to develop features and resolve more complex technical issues
· Support the release planning process for the scrum teams insuring timely deliveries with quality
· Lead customer critical issues from a Level 3 support engineering perspective and as needed set account team expectations around support. Support remote cross-functional teams as well as Level 0/1/2 to achieve customer happiness
· Drive continuous improvement and lessons learned process that prevents development technical blocking issues
· Generates weekly reports to show the performance of team from a development user stories perspective as well as collaboration support cases
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a standout technical team that care about developing and supporting quality software for Cisco in the areas of License and Entitlement. We collaborate with the software engineering and operations infrastructure teams across Cisco and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
- Knowledge of how to lead, develop and nurture a technical team
- Knowledge of development methodologies and technologies in one or more of the following: GoLang, Ruby, Java, Postgres, Docker
- Knowledge of the Distributed and Highly Available Architectures and cloud native / docker applications as well as GUI technologies such as React
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in development and support leadership, as well as prior development experience and comfortable with Agile development and delivery of releases as well as Escalation management
- Experience and familiarity with operating in a large company remotely with a US based central location is a plus
- Ability to multitask, working effectively with real-time deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Quickly understands the development as well as business issues
- Experience in forming effective relationships and running virtual cross-functional teams
- Ability to work effectively with senior management, cross-functional teams, internal and external customers
- Effective Project/Program management skills
- Related BS or advanced degree preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!