Software Development Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestService Provider
What You'll Do
You’re a motivated Manager leading a team of experienced Software Engineers. You have an understanding of the systems and the technologies related to networking and networking devices. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with management and technical skills to put their abilities to work in an exciting growth environment.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for leading teams in the innovation and execution of software development supporting multicast and data plane functions for new Cisco Service Provider routing platforms. You will work with multi-functional teams world-wide to deliver these platforms.
· Lead a talented group of engineers to deliver exceptional results by focusing efforts and enabling the team to succeed
· Lead cross-functional initiatives
· Manage employee career development and employee performance
· Exhibit and develop technology leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring/teaching, critical thinking/judgment, facilitation, leading change, and team development.
· Promote and nurture team spirit and culture across the global team built on open communication, collaboration, teamwork, trust and integrity.
· Be an excellent teammate with a high degree of integrity and passion who can work effectively both within the team and cross-functionally
· Communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals such as executive leadership is a requirement
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Service Provider Multicast team is responsible for advanced features in Cisco Service Provider class routers. The software we are building is used in thousands of devices to build meaningful networks all over the world, from data center interconnect to Core, Peering, and Edge applications. You will be part of a phenomenal team of engineers with a diverse set of experiences and knowledge. This position offers a great opportunity for you to learn and for us to learn from you. Come join us if you want to be part of a successful team with a long history of advancing high-performance, state-of-the-art software in a multi-billion dollar business!
Who You Are
· BS/MS EE/CS with 4+ years of related development and engineering leadership experience.
· Management experience with equivalent sized organizations is desirable.
· Understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally.
· Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
· You're able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial mentorship.
· Strong team building skills.
· Ability to work across departments and with other teams
· Open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
· Ability to initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and effectiveness.