Software Development Manager - Site reliability engineering-Python ,Golang
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and leverage the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
A SRE Manager is ultimately responsible for system reliability, developer productivity and reducing time to market by striving to reduce technical debt of the services your SRE team supports. We seek managers who are passionate about system reliability to influence and drive the strategic SRE mission. As a Systems Reliability Engineer working on critical services your mission will be to ensure our services are fast, highly available, scalable, and able to withstand unprecedented increases in load. The Systems Reliability Engineer will be at the heart of solving production problems. Your scope is from the kernel to the application. The position requires the flexibility to take a holistic approach to troubleshooting and the ability to delve deeply into technical details. The Systems Reliability Engineer is co-located with the various application development teams. This ensures the Systems Reliability Engineer will acquire the necessary domain knowledge to effectively troubleshoot and repair an outage. The Systems Reliability Engineer will build automation tools for system health and production acceptance tests to validate production changes. The Systems Reliability Engineer will ensure the system is well instrumented and highly fault tolerant.
Key Leadership Responsibilities:
• Engage, influence, and evangelize SRE practices with development, operational and product groups to align technology service/solution delivery.
• Drive quality accountability within the organization with well-defined processes, metrics, and goals for process quality. This includes leading effective postmortems and ensuring actions are followed-up.
• Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of hybrid cloud offerings by instilling engineering reliability into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches. • Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation, and other non-functional systems requirements.
• Must be able to define and report "progress" on strategic initiates and project level tasks to all stakeholders including senior executives, clients and use effective communication approaches with each constituency.
• Implement metrics driven processes to ensure service quality targets are met.
Who you will work with
Cisco is transforming its platforms to run the next generation of cloud-native and multi-cloud services. This role offers a superb opportunity to transform how Hybrid Cloud platforms are managed with full stack automation. This team is responsible to manage hybrid cloud platforms that provides self-service provisioning and management capabilities to the application developers, and at the same time is highly available with self-healing, full lifecycle monitoring and management capabilities. You will be part of the Cloud Infrastructure and platform services team leading a team of infrastructure software development engineers and site reliability engineers in evaluating and developing capabilities needed to fully manage hybrid cloud platforms. You will closely collaborate with application teams, security team, and networking team partners in understanding their policies and requirements. You will also engage with the CI/CD, security and code quality metrics teams in keeping our code and third-party software components in compliance.
• You have Expert knowledge in all aspects of designing, developing, managing hybrid cloud platforms.
• You have Project and process management.
• Prior successful experience as a systems performance or site/systems reliability engineer
• You have experience with Linux, OpenStack, VMware, Containers, and Kubernetes.
• You have experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
• You have 10+ years of prior hands-on software development experience in Python, Java, C, or Golang.
• Exposure with CI/CD tools and continuous integration – Jenkins, SonarQube, Git.
• You enjoy doing code reviews and providing technical guidance.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!