Software Development Engineer
Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You’ll Do
Your role will be Software Development Engineer and you will be part of world-class software engineering team that works on various cutting edge technologies in switching. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of high speed, high performance switches for Access/Campus market segments.
- Extremely motivated, passionate about learning and contributing to the team and the business with "can do" attitude.
- Strong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of designing large-scale systems in C/C++ environments is preferred.
- Commitment to Quality: Ability to ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual in the face of time to market pressures.
- Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts is necessary.
- In-depth experience designing networking systems with L2, L3 and VXLAN (Overlay) technologies
- Experience with peripheral interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI, high-speed serial interfaces).
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation Campus switching architectures. Define, Architect, design, and deliver new software and features for the Campus switching platforms
- Day to day activities will involve creating new features, understanding features in a competitive product and proposing solutions that work for our platform, writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers in the team, helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your feature.
Who You'll Work With
Enterprise Access Switching Group in Cisco is the industry leader in enterprise networking with a proven track record in building innovative wired and wireless solutions. This particular position is in the Wired Software Test team.
Who You Are
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 8-10+ years of experience
- Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge/ hands-on experience. Good understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team player
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight.
- Have experience in customer deployments
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness.
- Contribute to overall test strategies
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.