Software Development Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Software Development Engineer – Enterprise Routing – Shanghai
IBN (Intent-based networking) transforms a hardware-centric, manual network into a controller-led network that captures business intent and translates it into policies that can be automated and applied consistently across the network. Cisco Intent-Based Networking Group (IBNG) develops software across the routing, switch and wireless platform portfolio at Cisco and is investing heavily to transform networking through cutting-edge solutions that will change the way IT is consumed. This means your work will transform our customers' consumption of our systems from every angle.
IBNG enterprise-routing platform team in Cisco China R&D Center (CRDC) is responsible for platform and LAN/WAN features development on Cisco enterprise routing platforms with combined multi-billion dollar revenues.
In this position, you will participate on a project team of highly skilled engineers involved in the software development for Cisco next generation enterprise-routing systems with variant of LAN/WAN access technologies. You will
- Define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features on Cisco enterprise routing platforms with high quality standard
- Day to day activities will involve crafting new features, understanding features in an ambitious product, and proposing solutions that work for our solution. You will also be writing functional and design specifications, programming, unit and integration testing your code, helping review specifications and code for other software engineers on the team, and helping documentation team with the configuration aspects of your features.
- Support customer queries, escalations, and issues, to keep high customer satisfaction.
- Solid fundamentals of Data Structures, Algorithms, Object oriented design and programming.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with
an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
- Solid knowledge of operation systems - Linux, Unix
- Experience or interest in embedded system development is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related majors such as Math, Physics. 2021 Graduates