Software Development Engineer in Test (Automation) - Duo Security
Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Alternate LocationUS Remote
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Software Development Engineer in Test (Automation)
Duo + Cisco = Disco
With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud.
Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We’re transforming security from the ground up by solving the world’s most pressing geopolitical challenge — safe, secure information access. We engineer our business to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges.
We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work. We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are essential to building high-impact teams.
We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance. We’re kinder than necessary.
Together we build for the future by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that’s why we’re the most loved and trusted name in security.
Who you’ll work with...
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be part of the “Autobots Team”. We call ourselves the Autobots because we love to transform challenges into automatable solutions. The solutions we engineer are as diverse as we are and we never shy away from a challenge.
What you’ll do...
As part of the Autobots, you will write code to test our services for functionality and performance towards our goal of making security of our Cloud products easy for our customers and users. You will do this in an environment where continuous integration is in place. We automate what once was manual and strive to improve the velocity of our organization. You will help improve our automation framework, driving its adoption throughout engineering. You will help test and validate pre-release artifacts ensuring we release a quality product to production.
You will partner with engineering and product teams to build automation and bake quality in each step of the software development process. You will define, measure and publish metrics to measure product quality and champion quality improvements. You will understand business priorities and risks and help focus our quality efforts on where they matter the most. You will also help mentor other SDETs to help them grow technically.
As part of championing quality efforts, you will take ownership of keeping development pipelines green, resolving flaky tests, writing and updating test automation documentation. Passion for continuous improvement and quality is a must!
Skills you should have…
- You have worked on projects in a fast paced environment with continuous delivery and integration in place
- You have automated customer facing web applications (full stack automation) and have also done RESTful API testing.
- You are well versed in coding abilities, particularly in Python having developed automation using Selenium or Cypress or similar tools
- You are more than familiar with tools like BrowserStack, SauceLabs and Applitools.
- You have designed and implemented test automation frameworks or made improvements to existing frameworks
- You are skilled in build system automation (with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Gitlab).
- You have experience in architecting test infrastructure and automation tool selection would be a huge plus.
- You have proven mentorship skills and have helped peers grow through coaching and sharing knowledge formally and informally
- You are motivated and passionate about automation and stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies
- You are a great communicator, articulate your thoughts and strategy clearly and always seek to get agreement before implementation
- You are not scared to fail and fairly early and often
Why you should apply….
- You’ve seen the news! Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people.
- You love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from hard-working peers on software projects.
This job may not be for you if…
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
If this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the skills and competencies. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.