Software Development Engineer In Test
Location:Uxbridge, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Software Development Engineer in Test
Collaboration Technology Group
Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group is redefining the future of collaboration in the work space. We are creating a world where people come together effortlessly and enjoyably. Our technology powers products and services that bring modern, uncompromised collaboration to everyone – spanning every room, desk, pocket and application. Industry leading products like Cisco Webex Teams, Webex Meetings, Cisco Meeting Server and Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms are examples of our technology in action.
What you’ll do
· You’ll work in a cross-functional team to deliver high-quality new features for Cisco’s industry-leading, real-time enterprise collaboration products.
· You’ll facilitate the accelerated delivery of high-quality features by maintaining and improving the tools and python-based test automation infrastructure, as well as the creation of new fully-automated tests in python.
· You’ll have significant influence over the test strategy within your team and will help to define test plans, test specifications and test cases.
· You’ll work closely with software developers and key stakeholders to promote quality and spearhead best practices throughout the entire software development process.
· You’ll analyse test data and results to identify patterns and influence software quality.
· You’ll help to diagnose, reproduce and fix issues found by internal users and customers.
Who you are
· You are a software developer and you want your software to work really well.
· You like to automate workflows for a CI environment and for accelerated software development and testing.
· You have a technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in engineering and/or mathematics.
· You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating products of high quality.
· You know how to analyse problems with software and you love to learn new skills and use the latest tools.
· You are motivated by solving difficult problems and continuous learning.
· You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
· You are a strong communicator, both written and verbal.
· You have 2+ years of experience in QA or software development in an agile environment.
· You are experienced in the automation of software testing, preferably using python.
· Familiarity with continuous integration.
· Familiarity with multithreaded/event driven/asynchronous software.
· Familiarity with virtualisation software and containers (Docker).
· Familiarity with writing automation scripts for networking media applications.
· Familiarity with open source tools like GStreamer and OpenCV.
· Familiarity with C/C++.
· Exposure to communication networking protocols.
· Exposure to cryptography.
· Exposure to video and audio encoding, and processing techniques and technologies.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere – from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone – we do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco