Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
In the RTP Webex Device Technology group, we design and develop the software features that bring the Webex line of collaboration devices to life. Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used and trusted by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporation and political leaders all over the world. Webex devices are AI-enabled out of the box and transform the status quo for virtual meetings with cognitive collaboration providing ease and excellence combined with exceptional video and crystal-clear sound. We are looking for a new Software Developer to join our team and help build the next generation of collaboration devices.
What you will do:
As part of our development team, you will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. You will be involved in every stage of the software development process - from concept to design to creation, including the user interface and deployment. Our job is to imagine, design and create solutions to transform how we work, live, and play.
In this role, you will:
- Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software on multiple platforms
- Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team – working closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management
- Be a part of our iterative development cycles
- Deploy your code, and get immediate feedback on usage and adoption from actual customers
- Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
We use different programming languages for different use cases. C++ and Python on Linux are the most frequently used.
Read more about Collaboration Endpoints here: https://projectworkplace.cisco.com
Who you are:
More important than your experience, is your mindset and your approach. We encourage smart risks and think it is better to try and fail than to not try at all. At Cisco, you will be challenged and develop while having fun.
As a part of our development team, you will be working closely with colleagues from different disciplines to solve complex problems. Our dream team member draws inspiration from close cooperation within the team as well as from working independently.
In addition, we are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 4+ years professional software development
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- 2+ years in Agile engineering environments
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- You know your way around software development and a well architected object oriented codebase.
- Experience with C++ / C / Python
- Experience with embedded Linux development
- Networking and Audio/Visual Conferencing
- UI development in Qt
- Ability to dive into a large codebase and contribute as you learn
- Ability to research problems and break them into discrete parts
If this sounds like you, we are eager to hear from you!
As part of the Cisco Webex Devices software group, you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with a close-knit development team. At the same time, you will have access to the resources of one the largest technology companies in the world.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020. We have a culture of recognition and believe that flexibility in the workplace is the key to a good work-life balance.
In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer:
- A unique opportunity to work from home – using the technology you develop
- An in-house fitness and health center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- Four weeks paid time off – to make sure you´re well rested
- Five paid days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- A day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
Cisco Equal Opportunity
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!