Software Developer with focus on UI development
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Are you a software developer with passion for user experience?
We are looking for developers that can focus on UI development, helping us create awesome experiences on our collaboration products. You will be working in a multi disciplinary team with other developers, testers, designers and product management, but will cooperate especially close with our UX designers. You will work together to bring features to life with great user experience, all the way from an idea to a feature in the hands of our customers. That means participating in user testing and research, analyzing user feedback and metrics, and continuously deploy and iterate until you have a solution that meets our standards.
In Cisco you will be part of a strong engineering team with broad and deep technology competence. We use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, and have a culture where knowledge is shared across disciplines.
We have several positions open, both for junior and senior engineers.
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, we have a team of 350 engineers who create breathtaking collaboration products using bleeding edge technology in order to make it easier for people to connect. You will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play. Our development team is involved from board bring-up, all the way to the user interface, as well as deploying software to our cloud platform. We use different programming languages for different use cases where C/C++, Java, Python are the most frequently used.
What we offer you:
- Room to play: At Cisco, you will be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it is better to try and fail than not try at all.
- A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
- Design-awarded office: Our innovation center is located at Lysaker, Oslo, with easy access by public transport. We have the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best.
- We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
- Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco
- A value-driven culture: Cisco was ranked one of Norway’s 5 best companies to work for in Great Place To Work in 2015. Cisco was ranked one of the world’s 8 best companies to work for in Great Place to Work 2018.
- Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
What you need to be eligible:
- Relevant education (bachelor or higher)
- Proven track record from previous work experience
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience with multiple programming languages. Having experience with UI frameworks is a benefit, preferably with Qt/QML.
- Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good English verbal and written skills
We have a unique team of talented colleagues who are eager to help, and we solve interesting problems while creating products that the whole world uses. Our passion for collaboration has enabled us to create a market leading portfolio of products. We offer meaningful work for sharp and curious minds, "Nordic ﬂexibility" and international opportunities in a global company.