Software Developer Intern
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Location: remote at first. Then - Krakow
Start Date: as soon as possible
Internship length: 3-6 months, with an opportunity to move to a full-time Graduate role in late 2021-early 2022
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with a team dedicated to bringing the customer user experience to life. We have many opportunities to contribute and the team greatly appreciates feedback and suggestions. We want the customer experience to be seamless. As software developers, we are co-located with our cross functional team and work all together throughout the product life cycle. You'll find that individuals are hardworking, receptive to re-thinking an approach, and excited to share their knowledge.
What You'll Do
You will learn how to be best in class software developer from experienced colleagues. To do this you should have basic technical skills, basic knowledge of any modern programming language and learning mindset. You will work in agile environment with the team who takes end-to-end responsibility for product design, implementation and maintenance.
Who You Are
Your teammates consider you to be diligent and highly attentive to detail.
We are seeking high energy and passionate applicants who possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, remote, dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to work with remote team
- Flexible and adaptable: quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
- Accountability: you are a results-oriented teammate who takes ownership of small tasks
- Creative: You should be able to think creatively
- Should have the thirst for learning new technology, tools and process
- Ambitious individual who enjoys critical thinking and solving problems
- Technically able to get things done with provided guidance from other team members
- You are a recent university graduate or on your final year of studies towards Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field, like Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar field (graduating in 2021-2022)
What technology stack we have:
- Machine learning
- Contanairization / Orchestration
- ELK Stack
- Cloud Development with AWS
- REST webservices
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.