Sr. Software Developer In Test
Location:Kanata, Ontario, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Ottawa is seeking an Intermediate Software Developer in Test (SDETs). As an engineer integrated into our development team responsible for programmability, you'll be expected to drive the functionality and quality of our current network programmatic APIs to the next level. In collaboration with your team and customers, you will design and implement test frameworks and methodologies that can be adopted across enterprise products. You will not be just a tester or a software engineer, but develop into a broad specialist who understands architecture, code structure, functionality, relevant automation frameworks and customer requirements.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of customer expectations, be they internal teams developing network controllers or external consumers of APIs, and become their quality champion in the product development process.
- Participate in the development process from requirements definition to release/support and using your current and learned skills to influence solid design practices aimed at quality, efficiency and serviceability.
- Enhance developers’ unit test automation and framework integration skills.
- Automate and integrate functional and solution testing of software.
- Own the quality and constant improvement of the customer experience.
- Help establish best practices in all aspects of development/test.
- Conceive and develop tools and test frameworks beyond adopted practices.
- Work with test engineers in other teams to establish end-to-end and comprehensive test procedures.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience in software development and test automation
- Significant experience with scripting languages like Python, Go, TCL
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of software test process and automation frameworks
- Understanding of, and experience with, Linux/Unix type OSes
- Understanding of networking topologies and operating system concepts
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.