Software Developer - DevOps
Location:Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Alternate LocationAnywhere in Quebec
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration)
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Webex team is seeking Software Developers who will be joining a team of seasoned developers in the Montreal office. You will be responsible for the following:
- Develop the “on-the-edge" ever evolving Webex cloud-based product involving a large aggregation of microservices.
- Design, code, test, monitor and support functional areas / services for the Cisco Webex products in a DevOps delivery environment.
- Use and enhance quality systems like development pipeline(s) and test automation frameworks to improve reliability and quality.
- Ensure design security best practices for cloud services.
- Troubleshoot and improve software components and services owned by your group in a DevOps environment.
- Actively participate in the future of the Cisco Webex Collaboration products.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco’s Webex team is a dynamic organization looking for developers capable of delivering best-in-class collaboration technologies. You will be part of an Agile Scrum team with a mission to deliver the experiences which will transform the workplace experience and you will regularly engage with customers to ensure your features hit the mark!
Our product development team comprises product management, user experience design and engineering, and you will work seamlessly with colleagues from around the globe using the same transformational collaboration technology that you help to build every single day. You will be mentored by industry leading experts in building scalable high-performance platforms and services at cloud speed and you will bring your experience to help others grow too.
Who You Are
· Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer engineering or any other equivalent degree
· 5+ years of experience in Java programming strongly preferred, but we are open for other Object-Oriented programming languages
· Experience with RESTful APIs, multi-threaded programming and event driven design
· Demonstrable experience solving difficult problems and explaining your thought process succinctly
· Good communication skills (oral and written)
· Willingness to roll your sleeves up and get into the weeds –using your wide range of technical skills to solve the problems faced by the team
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Software Development and Coding for large-scale server side, real-time systems
· Experience working in and building Cloud-Based SaaS IAAS / PAAS applications
· Experience developing microservices using Spring Framework including Spring Boot
· Strong knowledge of technologies such as Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
· Knowledge or interest in Agile Development Process and CI/CD
· Test-driven development methodologies and test tool automation knowledge
· A growth mindset, we are Learn-it-Alls not Know-it-Alls
Why You’ll Love Cisco
At Cisco Montréal, you will get the creative vigor of a start-up with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers, all built around an energizing, fast paced, people first culture. At the same time, you will have access to the resources of one the largest technology companies in the world. We are a modern, flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer a stellar combination of compensation and benefits; including five days to dedicate to volunteer work, employer matching of pension contribution benefits, health and other insurances and, of course, joining Cisco Canada which has just been voted Canada's #1 Employer for 2021 by Forbes.
We connect everything people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are dreamers and we are doers. #WeAreCisco
As a leading actor in the cloud unified communications sphere, Cisco simplifies the way businesses communicate and collaborate; brings constant innovation to the communication on the marketplace and accelerates the adoption of the Unified Communication and Collaboration services through the Webex platform.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in technology that powers the Internet. Cisco inspires new possibilities by reimagining your applications, securing your data, transforming your infrastructure, and empowering your teams for a global and inclusive future.