Software Cyber Security Test Engineer SP&R
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who you'll work with
The Cisco SP&R engineering team is a collaborative team that is a part of the world’s largest security organization. You will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and thriving work culture that fosters team empowerment, self-organization and decision-making. You will be part of an established but fast-growing organization that continues to be an authority in the security industry. We expect high performance and drive during business hours, but we believe that to be high performance you have to have time to rest and recharge. We are involved with all stages of the product development process with a focus on driving quality improvements that delight our customers.
What you’ll do
You will build and execute tests for products and integration solutions spanning the entirety of the Cisco Security portfolio. You should be comfortable testing the limits of how disparate products interact, be willing to dig into what does and does not work, and based on user stories and feedback, provide detailed responses and solutions. From those user stories and workflows, you will develop ways of ensuring performance and functionality in physical, virtualized, and cloud environments through both automation and exploratory tests. You should enjoy owning the creation of automation solutions and tools and working with others to contribute to the technology choices of the organization with a cloud focus. You will have the opportunity to create test frameworks that ensure built-in quality exists from the first line of code to the last. We all enjoy building systems to run tests across all levels of the software from functional to integration to an end-to end-system. We want you to be as creative as possible to break complex systems and drive quality for our integrated security products.
Who you are
- 4+ years’ experience in a previous software testing role Ability to work independently and collaborate with large, cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and maintaining automation framework, libraries and internal tools for functional and performance testing
- Previous experience utilizing Continuous Integration products to automate execution of testing
- Experience writing requirements and test scenarios Prior experience in collaborating with both technical engineers and non-technical customers
- Experience working in a Linux-based cloud environment
- Development experience in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Go, or Java
- Familiar with testing and/or configuration of security products (Firewalls, proxies, NAC)
- Previous experience working with cloud-native technologies, IaaS components such as load balancers, and API gateways
- Able to learn new technologies quickly, and understand how they fit into a larger ecosystem
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take aggressive steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!