Software Consulting Engineer
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development
Why you'll love Cisco?
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Who you’ll work with?
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and loyalty. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Customer Experience teams are the face of Cisco to our customers and, as such, they are the drivers of Digital transformation. Within Customer Experience, the Global CX Centers are the engine to this transformation for all our services offers by providing flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for CX delivery teams. The Center’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a flawless delivery partner to other CX teams.
Who will you do?
The Software and Automation team works on Automation solutions leveraging software products & tools from both Cisco and non-Cisco (OpenSource, 3rd party) vendors. The Automation solutions may be comprised of software products & tools such as Tailf-NSO, NFV solutions to automate Cisco and 3rd party Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), Ansible, OpenStack, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), Integration Middleware, Workflow Management and UI/Portal systems.
The Team is comprised of Automation Architects, Software Development Leads and Software Developers who work on customer’s software integration, automation & orchestration projects. The work activities are:
· Analyze requirements and advise customer on possible solution options.
· Design solution.
· Estimate efforts.
· Implementation of solution using Cisco and 3rd party products with potential extensions and customizations.
· Troubleshoot Cisco and 3rd Party products used in the solution.
· Design test cases, perform manual tests but also develop automated tests
· Document the solution during the different project steps: requirements, design, testing and methods of procedure.
· Generate activity reports.
· Perform knowledge transfers and demo’s with customer.
· Provide day-2 support and ongoing optimization.
Who You Are?
· Seasoned professional with 8+ years of experience in delivering complex and highly scalable software projects.
· Customer obsessed: you proactively understand customer needs and align architectural and vertical expertise to cross-functional teams to drive decisions that enhance customer value
· Team Player: you excel in team environments taking the strengths of your peers to get to the best outcome; you have no problem asking for help and proving it if asked.
· Results Oriented: Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant technologies and customer outcomes.
· Responder: Skilled at incident management and managing customer expectations.
· Effective Communicator: you have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Technical Skills:
– Hands on experience with software integration - Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), ESBs
– Working knowledge of network & software configuration tools such as Tail-f/NSO, Ansible, Chef/Puppet
– Working knowledge of BPMN workflow engines(jBPM/Activiti or Camunda etc) is preferred
– Hands on experience with SDLC tools (Jenkins, Git, Automated Testing Frameworks)
– Exposure to agile software methodologies.
– Experience with Test Driven Development / Behavioral Driven Development.
– Working knowledge of MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular & Node.JS) is preferred
– Knowledge of Virtualization & Cloud (VMware, OpenStack)
– Knowledge of Analytics with Big Data, AI, Machine Learning algorithms
– Exposure to networking architectures including DC, WAN, Campus, Mobility, Security is a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything: People, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere: From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone: We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.