Software Consulting Engineer
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
CX is a team of extraordinary technical guides whose #1 focus is to deliver best in class customer experience. We help tackle the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and loyalty. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Customer Experience teams are the face of Cisco to our customers and, as such, they are the drivers of Digital transformation. Within Customer Experience, the Global CX Centers are the engine to this transformation for all our services offers by providing flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for CX delivery teams. The Center’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a flawless delivery partner to other CX teams.
What You'll Do
The Software and Automation team works on Automation solutions using software products and tools from both Cisco and non-Cisco (OpenSource, 3rd party) vendors such as Tailf-NSO, NFV solutions to automate Cisco and 3rd party Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), Ansible, OpenStack, Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), Integration Middleware, Workflow Management and UI/Portal systems.
- Analyze requirements and advise customer on possible solution options.
- Design solution.
- Estimate efforts.
- Implementation of solution using Cisco and 3rd party products with potential extensions and customizations.
- Troubleshoot Cisco and 3rd Party products used in the solution.
- Design test cases, perform manual tests but also develop automated tests
- Detail and document solutions during the different project steps: requirements, design, testing and methods of procedure.
- Generate activity reports.
- Perform knowledge transfers and demo’s with customer.
- Provide day-2 support and ongoing optimization.
The team includes Automation Architects, Software Development Leads and Software Developers who work on customer’s software integration, automation & orchestration projects.
Who You Are
- Top-tier professional with 3 to 5 years of experience delivering and developing sophisticated and highly scalable software project
- Experience with software integration - Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), ESBs
- Experience of network & software configuration tools such as Tail-f/NSO, Ansible, Chef/Puppet
- Experience with BPMN workflow engines(jBPM/Activiti or Camunda etc) is helpful
- Experience with SDLC tools (Jenkins, Git, Automated Testing Frameworks)
- Knowledge of agile software methodologies.
- Experience with Test Driven Development / Behavioral Driven Development.
- Knowledge of MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular & Node.JS) is preferred
- Knowledge of Virtualization & Cloud (VMware, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of Analytics with Big Data, AI, Machine Learning algorithms
- Exposure to networking architectures including DC, WAN, Campus, Mobility, Security is a plus
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.