Software Consulting Engineer TD&R
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Kenna Security, now part of Cisco, is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way we help enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and the Inc. 500 fastest-growing companies list.
As a Software Consulting Engineer, you will be a part of Kenna’s Customer Success team, reporting to the Manager, Customer Success Engineering. You’ll guide a portfolio of assigned customers for outstanding and consistent technical implementation/adoption supporting our customers.
- Own overall technical implementation and relationship with assigned customers
- Increase adoption, training, best practices, feature requests
- Establish a trusted/strategic technical advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued integration of our products and services into the customer vulnerability management program
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction levels necessary to ensure renewal
- Advocate customer technical needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Maintain deep technical competence on the platform and provide both basic and advanced training sessions for customers.
- Facilitate integration of Kenna into the overall workflow in customer environments including operation with ticketing, compliance, and asset management solutions (may require Kenna API scripting).
- Analyze and provide data to the product and engineering organizations to enable effective decision-making and prioritization.
- Build knowledge-based content such as troubleshooting tips and best practices
- Manage customer communications and expectations to resolve their issues and questions effectively and efficiently
- Manage internal/external communications and expectations during an escalation event.
- Facilitate and demonstrate effective and documented reproduction and problem identification
- Exhibit and inspire the highest levels of customer empathy and curiosity
- Demonstrating and instructing how to meet and connect with the customer where they are at.
- Assist with team leadership required practices as needed, including but not limited to reporting, upkeep of team materials, and assistance with implementation of process improvement as it pertains to the Customer Success Team.
- Partner effectively with Kenna Security teams to address customer concerns efficiently and decisively.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum 3+ years of work experience in customer success, resident engineer, network engineer, or similar roles.
- Bachelor's degree is required in an appropriate field of study.
- Experience in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting various networking products/solutions
- Technology and systems: Comfortable with the following software: Zendesk, JIRA, Salesforce.
- Hands-on scripting experience required.
- APIs and Ruby familiarity are required.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with security products is a plus.
- People person: Loves working with people and providing top-tier customer support to solve problems, teaching and training, and has examples of making a customer wildly successful.
- Team Player: Proven track record of adding value to multiple teams. Will work cross-functionally to help make customers more successful.
- Excellent communicator: Present and communicate value, influence decision making, and convey credibility at all levels of the organization including the executive level.
- Excellent listener: Proven track record of identifying customer pain points, and uncovering solutions.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.