Software Consulting Engineer - Service Provider
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Do you want to help create the future? The opportunity is right here in front of you.
We achieve a vision together with our customers. We have the insight and expertise to make it happen. Like helping Dubai’s Expo2020 event delight 25 million visitors with the help of Cisco’s secure intent-based network.
We deliver projects at ambitious scale and speed. With a multinational team of 60 specialists from 12 nations, we are leading an ecosystem of vendors to take on engineering and design, system integration, testing, validation, security and operations for a large mobile network in Japan. The result will be deploying cell sites in minutes, not weeks.
We capture opportunities with data and digital platforms. To accelerate the value customers get from IT every single day, we’re continuously innovating in the insights we make available.
What You’ll Do
You’ll get a lot of hands-on experience, the ability to earn industry-leading certifications, and access to customer experience labs with over $1.7B in assets to stay up-to-date on dynamic new technologies. You’ll also get continuous training and development in both technical and leadership/customer skills areas.
Love people? Excellent. You’ll be the “face” to our customers delivering on our promises. The role is part creative problem solver, part status quo challenger, and first responder for raised issues and urgent customer demands. You’re also a customer advocate working with development engineers and sharing what’s new and top of mind back to your customers.
You will be the technical consultant for complex deployments and crisis manager when needed. You’re the one assisting the customer to help them identify and adopt methodologies for configuration, software lifecycle management, network health, security and automation.
Most meaningfully, you’re a problem solver who focuses on synthesizing information and knowledge to achieve a solution to complex technical issues, and by doing that, making a true positive impact. Are you ready to join the most groundbreaking tech company ever? #ChallengeAccepted
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-6 years industry experience in software projects, ideally in network management.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Strong fundamentals in OOP paradigm.
- Experience with software development processes such as building, unit testing, code analysis, release process, and code coverage.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Familiarity with virtualization software and containers (e.g Docker)
- Experience in networking, topologies and forwarding protocols (bridge and routers), preferable CCNA/CCNP certifications.
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Strong English oral communication, written and listening skills.
- Working knowledge of modelling language viz. YANG, YAML and TOSCA.
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Experience with NFV, ETSI MANO
- Experience working with AWS, Azure
- Experience with data science and machine learning.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!