Software Business Development Manager
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Are you ready to do something exciting? Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our customers' groundbreaking ideas affect everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Be a part of the team that is transforming how our customers and partners work with Cisco to make those ideas a reality. You will collaborate with Cisco sales leaders, partners and product leaders and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Software Business Development Team, you will lead key Cisco partners in identifying, pricing, proposing & closing of EA deals. In this role you will develop opportunities, build pipeline and execute to closure. We provide elite sales, prospecting and revenue acceleration guidance to the Cisco Partner Ecosystem and their aligned Sales teams. This will include working directly with Cisco business partners and distributors as a subject matter authority on the Cisco Recurring Offer & Software Portfolio sales process, offers, and resources from prospect to close. You will be responsible for delivering value calculations & compelling proposals that directly address customer pain points and emphasize hard & soft cost benefits. During the sales cycle, you will advocate for your partner and distributor teams and ensure a smooth end-to-end process and handoffs, demonstrating Cisco’s ability to meet and exceed stated SLA’s. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Cisco and our partners’ and distributors operations, finance, product management, engineering, customer experience, and marketing teams to share your knowledge and insights to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
Who You'll Work With
We are one winning team effectively driving incremental revenue through partners and facilitating initiatives with multi-functional teams. What makes this role fun and dynamic is leveraging your ability to influence and collaborate across partners and internal teams. You will be the critical navigator for the partners and field as we sail through uncharted waters. Your exceptional communication skills will have you presenting to front line field/partner teams, as you shorten the sales cycle and simplify selling software for the field.
- Drive incremental software revenue through partners exceeding revenue targets
- Automate the ever-evolving software sales process from prospect to close, with a focus on horizontal execution excellence to achieve speed & scale objectives.
- Develop sales proposals & TCO’s for Enterprise Agreements.
- Maintain FAQ knowledgebase to encourage independent selling.
- Demonstrate ownership of your aligned partner business and provide advisory for “How To” type process questions.
- Provide end-to-end process support of the software portfolio, with a focus on Enterprise Agreements including offer structure, legal, finance, and sales process.
- Proactively manage escalations and extended team involvement (Legal, Finance, Ops)
- Maintain knowledgebase and deliver closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization.
- Reporting & Trending on relevant metrics across portfolio
- Communicate progress towards stated goals, continuing to refine platform, process, and policy to automate for the partners.
- Own and facilitate weekly cadence with your partner teams to build strong relationships and cross functional alignment.
- Deliver (1 to 1 or 1 to many) ongoing tool and resource enablement sessions for partner sellers as needed.
Who You Are
- Enterprising – you are creative and hardworking
- Organized – you are on top of everything
- A great teammate – we have a collaborative environment
- Positive – we bring solutions, not problems
- Passionate – we all love what we do
- Goal oriented and able to work autonomously in ambiguous situations.
- Awareness of what and when to escalate to break down barriers, and drive decision-making.
- Excellent oral & written skills
- Knowledge of recurring offer portfolio, & specifically Enterprise Agreements & Buying Programs and ability to translate technical capabilities to business offerings.
- Great at presentation software (aka ppt) and excel spreadsheets.
- 3 years Sales experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Ability to travel 20% domestically.
- Coachable and hungry to learn
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.