Software Architect - Philippines
Location:Taguig City, National Capital Region, Philippines
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a Senior Software Delivery Architect to join some of the industry’s best thinkers in developing and deploying today’s most advanced Service Provider Orchestration, Automation, and Virtualization solutions, that enable our customers to benefit from their 5G ready infrastructure.
Our Senior Software Delivery Architects are the bridge between our customer’s challenges, and a working solution. As a leader, they are accountable for the successful translation of requirements into working delivered software. As an individual they are responsible for ensuing we deliver high quality software, documentation, and training to our customers. As a senior member of the team, they provide support at all stages of our lifecycle, including supporting proof-of-concepts through to resolving complex production issues.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide program and project level technical leadership, as a trusted partner to the Program Manager and Customer Delivery Manager
- Architect, design and lead the delivery of complex software solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Organising and running customer workshops, identifying and resolving differences and uncertainty
- Work independently to lead & coach a multifunctional team including developers, architects, testing leads, and specialist engineers.
- Work with customers to gather detailed use cases and requirements spanning both business and technical domains
- Be the project design authority for software – responsible for scope control, technical decision making, and supporting with the identification and mitigation of technical risks
- Assist and guide the team in writing detailed functional specifications, and collaborate to design YANG models for the development team
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll be joining our ASEAN Software and Automation team, part of the larger CX Technology Group.
As part of the CX Professional Services team you will have the opportunity to with some of our largest service provider customers, to design and deliver software and automation projects such as orchestration of SDN networks and NFV with workflows automation.
Who You Are
The Senior Software Architect will have a software development background. They will have technical knowledge/experience with service provider IP networks design, fulfilment, operations management, or automation (OSS). You should be an independant worker within the team to solve complex tasks, ranging from design and implementation, to troubleshooting Cisco's best in class software offerings. The ideal candidate can lead a project team of designers, developers and testers, and interlock with stakeholders to drive the business outcome for the customer. You will enjoy the challenges of the customer facing aspects of software delivery, and have excellent communications skills - able translate complex problem statements & solutions into high level messaging for CxO level. You have used innovative approaches to solving problems, with a large base knowledge of systems and approaches. You will value diversity of perspective, and welcome questions and insights – understanding that we all have to start somewhere.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience with IT Infrastructure management and operations and technologies, heavily preferred in a SP networking environment
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing software applications using Python, Java and/or network automations using orchestration software
- Experience in leading project teams of 5 or more
- Knowledge/experience in working with multiple industry standard CI/CD tools – Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, CircleCI, Artifactory, Jira, etc.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i. e. Openstack, Kubernetes, AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, Storage and Networking solutions is very desirable
- Ability to solve complex problems creatively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good understanding of business processes and operations
- Experience as a Senior or Lead Developer, leading small teams.
- Good exposure to Scripting technologies (Python, Salt, Ansible)
- Exposure to products and technologies such as Cisco NSO, ESC, CVIM, BPA, NETConf, YANG, JSON, XML and REST
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.