Software Architect 6 to 10 years- SIP (C / C++ / JAVA)
Area of InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
The BroadWorks Technical Lead will be the lead engineer a team of software developers delivering robust, scalable and performant systems in our best-in-breed enterprise and carrier grade Unified Communication software platform. The ideal candidate will champion the coding practices of the team, perform code reviews, mentor team members to deliver high-quality code that solves important business problems in a predictable and repeatable manner.
The ideal candidate will lead a team of software developers delivering robust, scalable and performant systems in our best-in-class enterprise and carrier grade Unified Communication software platform. The candidate will champion the coding practices of the team, perform code reviews, mentor team members, and coordinate with Project/Product Management teams to deliver high-quality code that solves complex business problems in a predictable and repeatable manner.
● Takes responsibility for delivering solutions into production (working through operations teams).
● Takes responsibility for code quality (either through personal review or thoughtful delegation).
● Very fluent coder. Must be passionate about refactoring, automation testing and CI/CD practices.
● Responsible for training and mentoring developers on the team
● Responsible for architectural decisions through consultation with other members of engineering leadership
● Working closely with distributed development teams located in multiple geographies.
● Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum)
● Designing and developing new features based on product specifications.
● Troubleshooting production issues and providing configuration or code changes to fix them.
● Refactoring existing code to improve efficiency, extensibility, and maintainability.
● Identifying and evaluating new techniques, tools, and technologies to expand the team’s capabilities.
● Works with Technical Project Management to create and maintain the prioritized backlog and schedule for the team.
● Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines.
● Minimum of 6 years of experience in internet telephony (VoIP) software development
● Deep understanding of telephony technologies, especially signaling protocols (SIP, SDP, RTP, XMPP..)
● Experience with soft switches (BroadWorks, Asterisk, Freeswitch etc) will be a huge plus.
● Strong CS fundamentals. Data Structures/Algorithms and Excellent problem solving skills.