Site Reliability Engineer
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and leverage the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor, delivering on our commitments to clients. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with providing subject matter expertise and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
- Establish networking environment by designing network configuration, directing, implementing network infrastructure, defining, documenting, and enforcing standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with NWS partners and BU on network optimization.
- Secures network infrastructure by establishing and enforcing policies, defining, and monitoring access.
- Be able to look at complicated network systems to find flaws or room for improvement. Proactively identify opportunities for technological advancement.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of network technologies/solutions in support of defined requirements generated by internal customers and growth demands. Plan and execute highly complex network upgrade and migration activity.
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems.
- Generates operational documentation including detailed test plans for highly complex networks.
- Assist with deployment and strategy of tools and related Network Management Systems. Help with developing tools set to manage and maintain enterprise network
- Produce method of procedures that demonstrate understanding of changes proposed and how the change will be executed with minimal service impact.
Who You’ll Work With
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired. Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth.
Who You Are
We are looking for a SRE Engineer to join the NWS Premise Network team which strives to create an efficient Enterprise network to support Cisco Engineering and Business functions. We do this through a focus on driving growth in our network infrastructure while investing in new cutting-edge technologies to enable us to deliver our services to meet our client requirements. You will need to have experience working with enterprise and datacenter network technologies and how to properly utilize Cisco’s hardware and operating systems. We are also looking for someone who has experience working in network security who has knowledge of different security protocols and procedures in case of any issues. We require applicants to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or relevant work experience. Having certifications in CCNP, CCIE, or CISSP would be beneficial for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field, or 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP internetworking, Routing, Switching, networking protocols and Routing protocols.
- Hands-on experience designing and operating Cisco hardware, including Cisco ASR1000 routers, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco FirePower NGFW’s.
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, N1kv) and understanding of compute (Linux, VMware, Openstack).
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following scripting skills: Python, Perl, XML, or JSON.
- Basic level knowledge of Linux.
- Exposure to Agile methodology, CICD.
- Expertise on Enterprise & Data Center networking technologies.
- Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (Catalyst, Nexus, IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR, NX-OS and ACI)
- Large-scale network infrastructure support skills and In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability, and capacity planning.
- High Availability protocols and Load Balancing technologies SLB/GSLB, firewalls, SSL.
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- CCNP / CCIE equivalent is desirable.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.