Site Reliability Engineer(Python/Kubernetes/Software Development/Software Delivery/Application Development)
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Job Description:
We at Cisco are looking for an SRE Engineer to join our IT team where our vision is to be a model for the best modern IT practice in the world.
Why you will love Cisco:
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we are entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we will help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, processes, data, and things. It is where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before. To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
What You will Do
You will join our Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Service team (CIPS). You will leverage SRE mechanisms to reduce toil and maintain SLO for the Cloud Platform. You will be on-call and follow SRE Incident management and maintain SLOs (Service Level Objectives). Also, you will manage, build, and run fully automated pipelines through our Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) system to deliver operational capabilities and improvements.
· Participate in Agile Scrum
· Accountability for system reliability right from design to end of life.
· Automate operational capabilities using Python, Ansible, Terraform, Go etc.
· Deliver automation through CI/CD pipeline and chatbot etc.
· Rotation in on call duties like diagnosis, fix and RCA for incidents and support escalations.
· Improvement and responsibility for monitoring and alerting
Who You'll Work With
We are a SRE team inside Cisco IT that maintains and builds the next generation cloud platform. Our services are used by all Cisco Business units as we move to cloud-native applications. This is a team of highly motivated individuals leveraging Agile Scrum. We move at a fast pace and are passionate about the cloud, automation, and security. Giving back and contributing to the Opensource projects is encouraged.
Who You Are
You have a software engineering mindset for solving operational problems. You know cloud and are familiar with Kubernetes. You should have proven experience in delivering software solutions and Linux operating systems. You understand IT infrastructure customers need and are passionate about diving deep into problems and fixing them.
· Development Experience with Python, Go, Groovy and other programming languages.
· Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible and/or Puppet)
· Software development lifecycle includes design, development, testing, packaging, deployment.
· Git and Jenkins
· Preferred: Kubernetes, OpenShift experience or certification
· Agile software development practices, JIRA
· Work with geographically distributed teams
· Understand IT processes, including architecture, design, implementation, and operations
· Self-motivated, able, and willing to help where help is needed
· Able to build and establish relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment and learning agility
· Have a knack for always finding automation opportunities within the team
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.