Site Reliability Engineer
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What will you do:
Cisco IT is seeking engineer who has demonstrable experience in crafting robust software applications. As a member of the Infrastructure Organization, you will be part of a world-class team, that develops IaaS offerings. As an engineer in our Agile team, you will be responsible for developing applications that enables our clients to consume our services and automate backend provisioning as well as Always available infrastructure, update and deletion of systems as per client requirements.
Who you’ll work with:
IT Infrastructure & Container Services team is looking for a results-oriented, motivated individual to join our team with focus in infrastructure engineering / DevOps by rapidly growing our automation and self-service/Self-Healing capabilities.
Who You Are:
Self-starter, passion to learn technologies, good communicator, critical thinker, problem solver, ability to stay focused while working under challenging work situations.
- Strong administration skills on Linux Operating System (On-prim as well as Public Cloud )
- Strong Expertise with Python, Ansible & Shell scripting
- Experience in Scaled Agile Framework, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework is required along with exposure to toolset such as Jenkins, Git/Bitbucket and JIRA. You should have strong exposure to DevOps methodology.
- Good knowledge of software design patterns, and Object-Oriented Programming concept
- Experience with Django Web Framework and writing SQL queries
- Experience in leading large infrastructure with 10k+ compute systems
- Strong troubleshooting & operations skills
You shall have min 6+ Years of overall IT experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact.
You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Imagine a more secure and smarter world with unlimited bandwidth. If you want to be part of a company that is making that vision a reality, Cisco is the place to be. At Cisco, we continue to develop products that change how we live and communicate, how enterprises run intent based networks, and how Data Centers run faster with more efficiency, capacity and scalability than ever before, enabling our ecosystem to be smarter. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.