Site Reliability Engineer - Windows & Cloud Native Applications
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, UK
We at Cisco are looking for SRE/Cloud Engineer to join our IT team, to enable our IaaS strategy in support of next generation cloud native applications.
Why you will love Cisco:
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before. To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
What You’ll Do
You will join our Infrastructure Services (IS)team. You will help us move from scripts and playbooks to a fully automated pipeline running through our Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) system. We want to move to zero-touch automation of builds, patches, and upgrades of our Hosting Infrastructure.
- Participate in Agile scrum
- Automate OS provisioning, Lifecycle and configuration management of windows server using automation tools
· Build and configuration of Windows Server
· Understands group policies and local policies
· Good experience with coding in Powershell & Python
· Experience with VmWare/vSphere
· Well versed with DevOps practices
· Good knowledge/experience of SCCM and SOM (Configuration & Monitoring)
· Some experience with cloud platforms (Azure/AWS/GCP)
· Deliver releases through CI/CD pipeline.
· Dealing with security patches and issues at the UCS Hardware, windows OS layer.
· Serve as an Incident Management escalation point for major incidents.
· Undertake root cause analysis of major incidents.
· Deliver bug fixes, new features, and functionality as requested by our customers
· Participating in on-call rotation
Who You Are
Ideally: you know servers; you know cloud; you know networking basics; you should have proven experience with Windows administration, puppet or/and Ansible and you should understand IT infrastructure customer needs.
- BS/MS and 10 years of relevant experience.
· Experience in leading large-scale infrastructure with more than 10k compute systems.
- Windows Enterprise Server Build and operations expertise
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible and/or Puppet)
- Automation of OS configuration, builds, upgrade and patching.
- Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade, and support.
- PowerShell, Python, Ruby, or similar programming experience.
- QA and testing experience of your code and the entire platform.
- Understanding of security including OS hardening, firewalls, iptables, and working with Security
- Familiarity with supporting Citrix
- Availability to be on pager duty during weekends and a rotation basis
- Proven ability to respond to critical issues on a 24/7/365 basis and to own problems from beginning to end.
- Agile software development practices
- Work with geographically distributed teams
- Understand IT processes, including Design, implementation, and Operations
- Willing to contribute to documentation
- Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
- Able to build and establish relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment and learning agility