Site Reliability Engineer (New Grad) - India UHR
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Job TypeNew Graduate
Job Description – Site Reliability Engineer
In Cisco, we have an outstanding opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we build!
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality.
We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers
As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first with agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes for our clients.
What You’ll Do
Designs, writes, and builds tools to improve the reliability, availability, and scalability of key systems and services.
Automates deployments, monitors, analyzes and optimizes products / services in different data center and cloud environments and platforms.
Maintains engineering environment to best support automated testing of code that is actively being used by customers. Principle of zero downtime is maintained.
Site reliability engineers typically create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topic.
Works cross-functionally to be pro-actively aware of potential changes in specifications and requirements that may cause an applications / product to need an update
Participate in a variety of professional development opportunities, network with senior executive leadership team, give back to your local community, and socialize with a community of global technologists.
Who You Are
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science or Information Science
- CGPA of 8.0 (out of 10) and above
- The requirement is for 2022 passout only
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Problem solving instincts and abilities
- Comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a collaborative team
- Attentive to detail
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Collaborates effectively to solve problems and continually improve availability and reliability of services
- Proficient in automation techniques such as Ansible and Puppet as well as scripting in Python with a focus on automated testing / virtual environments (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Possesses knowledge cloud and data center operations, multiple platforms, and cross-functional interdependencies
- Familiar with open-source and development technologies (GIT, JIRA)
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Disclaimer - “Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. The requirement is for 2022 passout only. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.”