Site Reliability Engineer @ Meraki - AWS, Docker/Kubernetes
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Software Development, Testing
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki's SRE Cloud Platform team is responsible for building and scaling the cloud that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests per day across eight data centers. Our customers depend on the Meraki cloud to manage and monitor their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs, and security cameras. We embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and build infrastructure as code.
In this role, you're going to have the unique opportunity to build and support our platform as a service (PaaS) platform. You will be part of an engineering team that is based out of Meraki’s Sydney office and will work with a team passionate about automating and supporting production grade hybrid cloud infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Mesos. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering!
Be prepared to join a team that contributes to and evangelizes engineering best practices and standards. We are a team of incredible out-of-the-box thinking engineers who take pride in helping and collaborating with our engineering teams to solve problems which help them be more efficient!
- Implement and manage a highly available and scalable on and off-prem orchestration platform (PaaS) that allows development teams to deploy and run their services.
- Build end-to-end documentation and instrumentation of our Platform to ensure visibility, automation, self-healing and resiliency throughout the stack.
- Work with cloud infrastructure providers (e.g. AWS, GCP) as well as other cloud technologies (eg: OpenStack).
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company.
- Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience scripting or coding with languages like Ruby, Scala, Python, or Bash.
- Experience with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
- Experience with container technologies, public cloud a bonus.
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Excellent communication, and documentation skills.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Keywords: Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, System Administration, Software Engineering, containerization, container orchestration, Kubernetes, docker, mesos
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.