Silicon Photonics Senior Test Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What you will do:
You will be a Senior/Staff test engineer in the Component Quality and Technology team within Supply Chain Operations, who will partner with Cisco’s IC design engineers in the Transceiver Module Group, silicon fabs, test equipment vendors and other Cisco Supply Chain teams to develop leading edge characterization and production test solutions on Cisco’s suite of silicon photonic integrated circuits.
You will manage Cisco’s silicon photonics IC tests, qualification and burn in testing to JEDEC specs, including test planning, bring up and IC qualification, as well as performing root cause corrective action on test and qualification fails. Your scope will include liaising with the system bring up teams on integrated circuit verification, and also with design, test engineers and silicon technologists to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies. You will lead development of ATE test solutions for RF and mixed signal IC devices, including developing ATE test and burn-in vectors, developing ATE test programs for wafer scale and chip scale testing of silicon photonics ICs.
You have expert knowledge in the design and measurement of OWAT (optical wafer acceptance test) and EWAT (electrical wafer acceptance test) structures and parameters, including hands on experience with 93K tester hardware and software. You will produce optical and electrical test parameter specifications based on prototype data collection and analysis of the tested structures. You will specify and write test programs to capture this data and automate the data analysis.
Experience in optical wafer level probing including integration and alignment of optical and electrical probes to perform the test measurement capabilities is also desired, although not required. Knowledge and experience with device qualification tests (HTOL, ESD, latch-up etc.) and device PVT characterization is required.
You will lead test development strategy, planning, and hardware/software development for various silicon photonics products. You will also lead and mentor junior test engineers engaged in ATE and 93k tester development.
Who you will work with:
You will be part of a dynamic team of senior technologists providing innovative opto-electrical technology development solutions for Silicon Photonics platform at Cisco. You will collaborate with and lead test implementation at IC fabs and OSATs (out-sourced assembly and testing). You will liaise with IC design teams to ensure suitable test structures are incorporated in the designs to verify production silicon. You will further collaborate with IC designers, module and system hardware teams on integrated circuit verification and performance, and identifying and implementing corrective action on both new and mature products and technologies.
Who you are:
- MSEE (or higher) in Physic, Optics, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- 8+ years’ experience Analog/Mixed Signal IC testing and silicon bring-up, production and characterization.
- Strong knowledge of Advantest 93000 tester for characterization and production testing, and the latest state-of-the-art trends in DFT and test.
- Experience handling ATE & Burn-in test development for characterization and data collection.
- Knowledge about analog test structures (ADC, DAC, TIA, Drivers etc.) and analog testing methodologies is highly desired.
- Knowledge in Optical signal characterization and testing using optical measurement instrumentation will be an added plus.
- Experience programming in C, C++, Python, AWK, SED, Perl languages, Unix.
- Strong knowledge of integrating optical test equipment and writing instrument drivers to form a holistic solution.
- Understanding of optical test structure design for testing and state of the art electro-optical testing and probing equipment.
- Ability to drive deep collaboration and leadership across many parts of Cisco's technical entities to provide bleeding-edge solutions for Cisco's photonic and system test strategies.
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills. Excellent problem solving & effective conflict resolution skills.
- An effective multi-functional communicator with strong, presentation and interpersonal skills, who perseveres and has multi-functional leadership to build results and change across organizations up to the executive level.
- Can communicate effectively with internal and external executives via executive summaries and project status overviews
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- High level of motivation and energy.
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.