Silicon Photonics Design and Process Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who You'll Work With
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more valuable than before. To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey. TOMORROW starts here. Relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected. The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
What You'll Do
Data Center Networking BU (DCNBU) is developing the Nexus 9000 and Nexus 3000 line of data center and cloud switches that feature application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility. DCNBU also developed a 100G and 400G Ethernet transceiver designed to drastically lower the price of optics.
Who You Are
You will work on a state of the art data center switching/routing product. Do you thrive in dynamic start-up like environment? Then we are looking for you. Come, be a part of a fast-paced team responsible for delivering data center optical solutions for large complex systems requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
· You will work as Senior Silicon Photonics PIC (Photonic Integrated Circuit) design and process Engineer to development of novel optics for next generation Data Center optical interconnection > 400Gb/s solutions.
- A minimum of 8+ years of industry Silicon Photonics design and process experience with MSEE or Master in Electrical Engineering or Photonics.
- This position requires you to have proven track record experiences on Silicon Photonics modulator design, Silicon interposer, bumps, TSVs, Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) design, Silicon AWG, simulation, foundries fabrication processes, working closely with optical package engineers and fabrication teams to establish SiP fabrication processes.
- Proven strong hands-on design and characterization experience on Silicon Photonics and III-V integration development.
- You possess deep understanding and proven experience with photonics modeling/simulation and layout tools.
- PHD in Electrical Engineering, Photonics, Physics or a related discipline preferred.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.