Signal Integrity Technical Leader
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
Who You'll Work With:
Cisco Enterprise Hardware SI team is seeking a signal integrity Technical Leader for design and analysis of high speed interfaces and power distribution network. The candidate will participate in the definition and design of current and next generation ASIC, package, printed circuit board (PCB), and system interconnect. The individual will be the key person to work closely with system architects, ASIC engineers, CAD engineers and other very talented and knowledgeable SI engineers in creation of next generation high performance networking products.
What You'll Do:
- Working directly with ASIC and System design teams to evaluate design tradeoffs and optimize design performance / risk / cost / manufacturability
- Drive next generation Serdes IP characterization/system feasibility studies
- Design and analysis of multi-gigabit serial links/ parallel bus in system development
- Modeling and analyzing power delivery networks
- Performing physical measurements to collect data for design validation and simulation correlations
- Driving methodology enhancements and automation improving performance and efficiency
- Development simulation tools with EDA vendor(s) whenever needed for analysis.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns
Who You Are:
- Self-motivation, Strong teamwork, Strong communication skills and Out of the box thinking with the strong desire to innovate are essential.
- Ability to define a project schedule and requirements, then deliver to that schedule
- In depth understanding of electromagnetic theory is required
- Hands on experience with System development focused on Serdes IP selection, package design and simulation, DDR5, PCIE etc.
- Working knowledge of system level power integrity and budgeting (DC, AC, transient analysis)
- Strong tools knowledge on 2D/3D tools(HFSS/ADS/Hspice/PowerSI/PowerDC etc.)
- Strong lab skills and measurement experience required (VNA/TDR/Scope/BERT/Phase analyzer, etc.)
PhD/MSEE combined with 5+ years of related experience, or BSEE combined with 10+ yrs related experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.