Signal Integrity Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Who You'll Work With:The Cisco Enterprise Access Switching SI team is seeking a Signal Integrity Engineer for design and analysis of high-speed components, interfaces and power distribution network. As a member the of Enterprise Access Switching SI team, you will help develop the Next Generations of Cisco Switch products, be a part of the definition and design of current and next generation ASIC, package, printed circuit board (PCB), and system interconnect. You will be working in a larger team working closely with system architects, logic designers, ASIC engineers, package engineers and versatile and knowledgeable SI/PI engineers in creation of next generation networking products.
What You'll Do:
- High-Speed link modeling and simulation, including high-speed I/O, IC package and system interconnections.
- Modeling and analyzing power delivery networks
- Electromagnetic modeling of complex 3-dimensional structures
- Perform pre- and post-route signal integrity analysis of both PCB and ASIC package designs
- Write signal integrity design guideline, test plan and test report
- Decide appropriate PCB material, stack-up, and work with vendors to address any DFM issues
- Support prototype function bring-up, validation and trouble-shooting
- Address signal integrity challenges on system high-speed interconnections, clock, power etc.
- Work closely with other hardware function teams including HW design, eCAD, Mechanical, Power, EMC, Diag to deliver first-class products.
Who You Are:
- PhD/MSEE or BSEE combined with 2+ years related experience
- Strong lab skills and measurement experience are desired (VNA, TDR, Real Time Scope, BERT)
- Strong tools knowledge (HFSS, ADS, Matlab, Cadence PowerSI/DC, Allegro, Simbeor, HSpice)
- Proficiency with 3-D field solvers and PI simulation tool such as PowerSI/DC
- Working experience with high speed NRZ and PAM4 SerDes, high-speed PCB/package development, and PI analysis is a plus
- Self-motivation, collaboration, strong communication and a desire to innovate are important
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.