Services Sales Specialist
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What You’ll Do
In the Services Sales Specialist role you will provide leadership on all Cisco Services in the customer account, drive transformation & customer intimacy within our largest accounts, and drive the execution of customer/partner facing activities to conclusion in a quality, timely, and appropriate manner.
Who You’ll Work With
Success is directly associated to creating strong and meaningful customer relationships and attainment of sales targets from net-new services growth in your assigned accounts. You will collaborate with the extended account team: Account Manager, Sales Engineering, Solutions Architects, Software and Service Renewal Managers, Delivery, and our Partner ecosystem to develop services strategies and drive new opportunities to closure.
Who You Are
In the Services Sales Specialist role you will act as the "General Manager" for Services in close partnership with the Portfolio team and the Renewals team. In this single seller role you will be responsible for all NEW Services in a given territory, with a focus on recurring revenue. You will be successful in increasing Services Annual Contract Value & Penetration. You will use your natural curiosity and empathy to establish relationships and provide the best solutions to our customers.
Basic requirements include:
· BA/BS degree in technology related fields or marketing/management
· 5+ years of services sales experience in IT or related industry
· 3+ years of experience selling through channel partners
· Knowledge of Cisco’s or a competitors Services portfolio
· Experts in Outside-In/consultative selling
· Understand complex customer environments and comfortable using solution selling skills and techniques, aligned to each customer’s unique business problems and strategic objectives
· Closing Capability
· Influence across organizational boundaries
· Eager to learn, comfortable with change
· Collaborate and drive cross functional team within Cisco thru Influence to desired outcomes
· Some travel may be required
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.