Service Sales Specialist - US Federal
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What You'll Do
This field sales position is responsible for defining and executing mission strategy via Cisco services & solutions. The Service Sales Specialist will work collaboratively externally & internally to drive adoption of Cisco’s Services within the Intelligence market while achieving weekly, monthly & quarterly sales goals. The individual will forecast bookings accurately on a quarterly basis, develop a pipeline of service opportunities, create capture plans, and close new deals within the Federal Operation territory. Approximately 50% of this salesperson’s time is customer facing.
- Drive incremental services growth through Cisco’s Services portfolio.
- Independently manage personal time & productivity to achieve sales goals
- Develop strong working relationships with cross organizational peers
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospecting activities to maximize personal customer interaction
- Create and manage a sales plan using all relevant data (Professional Services, renewals, new product funnel, potential upgrades and end-of-support situations) mapping data to an agreed market development strategy aligned with corporate priorities.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, optimizing quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Focus on solution selling to grow Cisco overall wallet share
- Proactively go after new Services business
- Manage all aspects of the account with respect to deal transactions
- Drive the execution of customer facing activities to conclusion in a qualitative & timely manner
- Manage service pricing and margins according to agreed objectives
- Lead collaborative efforts to finalize detailed proposals and statements of work
- Facilitate sales transactions by:
- Understanding customers’ and partners’ procurement process
- Building relationships with customers and partners in positions within the procurement process
- Navigating partner and customer procurement process
- Navigating and escalating effectively within Cisco
- Plan & support local marketing activities based on agreed budget & timeline, integrating sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, eg.,product/service launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and tradeshows.
- Respond to and follow up on internal & external sales inquiries in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other functional team as necessary to perform duties and aid in business development.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
Who You Are
- Demonstrated understanding of solution selling in large complex & technical customer environments.
- Developing the Pipeline: Applying knowledge of sales trends, market drivers, and key customer issues and opportunities to do strategic account planning; establishing, prioritizing, executing, and monitoring a course of action to accomplish broad territory objectives and sales strategies; using knowledge to identify and cultivate future sales opportunities to build a strong pipeline.
- Building Influential Relationships: Working collaboratively with customers, channel partners, and account team members to meet business goals and objectives; using appropriate communication methods to influence others and establish relationships.
- Customer Focus: Supporting customers during the sales process; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer requirements while balancing business needs; resolving difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Negotiation: Effectively exploring interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data, objective criteria to support ones proposal.
- CXO Relevancy: Adding value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer/partner, conveying a firm understanding of the customer’s/partners business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
- Critical Thinking: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on sound analysis and judgment that appropriately consider customer and partner business capabilities and issues, available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences.
- Communicate & Position: Work collaboratively, leading efforts to create Public Sector specific sales collateral, proposal language, & use cases to effectively position the Public Sector/Federal Managed Services story.
- Partner: Establish strong working relationships with the Public Sector partner community to increase sales scalability & overall revenue growth.
* 5+ years of selling and/or delivering services and solutions in a technology environment
* BS/BA or equivalent experience with graduate degree preferred
* TS clearance preferred but not required