Service Manager.Customer Delivery
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
The Service Manager role is a critical customer representative that is hyper intimate with customer’s operations team and business decision makers to drive the customer business outcomes and accelerate their value realization of Cisco Managed Services. This role is the primary interface for Cisco’s Services accounts working closely with the Customer Success Executives and Services Delivery. The Service Manager is primarily focused on the customer’s successful adoption and use of Cisco Services based on the customer’s business needs and business plans. The Service Manager is responsible for growing revenue through service adoption and contract entitlement with contract change requests (upsells); and revenue growth by qualifying opportunities to expand wallet share within a customer and effectively pass those opportunities to the Sales and appropriate Customer Experience teams. They will ensure that these opportunities support and are coordinated with the Customer Success Executive and account team strategies.
This is a highly collaborative and relationship-based role. A successful member of this team needs to be highly organized, an excellent communicator and facilitator with a proven understanding of managed services.
Who You’ll Work With and Who You Are
This role is highly matrixed across Cisco Services and larger CX organization. Key internal partners include: Customer Success Executives, Service Delivery Operations Managers, Renewals Managers and Renewals Specialists, Product Management, and Business Development. You'll be responsible for the continuous improvement of the services as well as reporting those results and business plans to key partners to ensure support and alignment across the functional areas of Cisco’s Services.
- You build deep relationships with Customer stakeholders to understand their business objectives
- You will build relationships and trust with delivery, CX Theater, BU and Sales
- You will identify growth opportunities for expansion (cross-sell) and engage sales and business development for opportunity development
- Contract management and entitlement (upsell) with the customer via contract change requests in partnership with Sales and Business Development
- You will track and maintain customer happiness, service level performance, and financial performance
- You are an advocate for the customer with sales BU and delivery
- You will lead service performance improvement and continuous improvement initiatives with delivery and facilitate escalation and communications.
- You will prepare and deliver customer Service and Business Reviews, articulating the value based on service performance and operational metrics
- You will facilitate the Renewals motion in partnership with Sales and Business Development
You are customer focused, and have the ability and willingness to travel and be on site with customers regularly, and work in a highly matrixed organization.
- 10+ years of experience in direct customer interfacing/engagement role with an understanding of services, sales and business development
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth
- Hardworking and creative with the ability to encourage others
- You have excellent executive level communication and presentation skills
- You have strong financial and eye for business
- Sales or business development experience is a plus
- ITIL / SAFe Certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or industry experience equivalent required