Service Desk Site Lead
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestNetworking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China
The Service Desk Site Lead role is a hybrid support and leadership role, overseeing our Service Desk program in San Francisco and reporting to our Global Service Desk Manager. Meraki’s Digital Workplace team focuses on providing the environment, tools, infrastructure, Support, and feedback that enables our Merakians to be successful and make our transformational products.
In this role, you will be responsible for the performance of our Service Desk program in San Francisco. This role includes managing Service Desk coverage, meeting with stakeholders to understand complex issues, organizing training events, and being a resource for the other members of the team. We’re looking for someone creative, empathetic, and forward-thinking - finding new solutions to repeat issues, working cross-functionally, and being a stellar representative of the IT team and Meraki values.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and, when needed, escalate technical issues both onsite and virtually for our global Merakians. These issues may include Mac / PC troubleshooting, account management, hardware provisioning, education, and solving problems with office technology.
- Triage and respond to support issues in Zendesk and Onsite at our Service Desk. Coordinating handoffs with other teams, both local and distributed, for quick (and practical!) resolution.
- Act as an escalation point and sounding board for other members of the Service Desk team
- Manage coverage for our Service Desk during operating hours, working with the Global Service Desk manager to set schedules and communicate coverage gaps to the San Francisco office.
- Lead career development and identify opportunities for the Service Desk team
- Spot emerging support trends and work with Global Support Desk Manager to develop proactive strategies to address emerging and chronic issues
- Work with your global peers to build site-specific best practices for the Service Desk within our global SLAs
- Accountable for onboarding / offboarding of accounts
- Document and train team on policies & procedures, developing best practices along the way
- Represent Digital Workplace with a positive attitude and a desire to contribute to the values that make Meraki a wonderful place to work!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to triage work for yourself and others, knowing when to dig in and when to ask for help or move on.
- Experience fixing both Mac and Windows systems, troubleshooting both hardware and software issues.
- Experience as an administrator of SaaS services like GSuite, Okta, Box, Zendesk, Outlook 365, Slack, etc.
- Management experience in a support coverage environment
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and comfort working with IT Engineering to triage network issues.
- Strong ability to be successful under pressure, self-managing competing priorities with grace and tact.
- A desire to help others and mentor your teammates
- Proven track record of managing priorities of themselves and others.
- The ability/desire to identify operational inefficiencies and engineer solutions.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.