Sensor and Proximity Engineer
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
About Cisco Webex Devices
At Lysaker, Oslo you find Cisco Webex Devices. We make the best video conference systems in the world – whether you’re at your desk, in the meeting room or in the Boardroom. Our greatest advantage is that we make both hardware and software. We develop all parts of Webex Devices under the same roof - from idea to design, mechanics, industrial design, user experience, machine learning and artificial intelligence. This means we don’t depend on others. We simply create whatever we need.
Our products help people connect and collaborate all over the world. They are used by freelancers, small businesses, universities, governments, multinational corporations, powerful political leaders – and even by Queen Elizabeth II.
Lots of people want to work with technology – at Cisco Webex Devices, we create it!
What you will do:
We need your help and creativity to build more smartness in our video endpoints. You will be a part of our diverse hardware team that consists of 14 HW engineers. That means you are going to be key for all the exciting technology and ideas that are developed at Cisco Webex Lysaker. You will be part of a cross functional team and have everyday contact with mechanical engineers, software developers, product owners and industrial designers. Together with our teams, you will be selecting and working with all types of relevant sensors, as well as being part of building and defining the whole sensor story around our entire product portfolio. We believe in hiding technology and with your help we can choose the sensor technology that provide the best user experience for the end user, without even letting the user noticing it.
In this role, you will
- work with proximity, image and environmental sensors ++
- select sensors and sensor technologies for each specific product and tie together the sensor story for our portfolio
- work with peers and colleagues ensuring sensor placement and performance
- support the team of world-class engineers and designers throughout the development
- define verification- and test strategies
- Cooperate and visit suppliers across the globe
- Be part of a design team that builds mockups and prototypes, design and mass manufacture products that ships worldwide.
Our future teammate:
We are looking for an experienced engineer in the field of sensors, but even more important is your mindset and your approach. In this role you need to be curious, passionate, and be able to bring things together. You like to share your knowledge, ask questions, provide feedback, and are willing to learn and adapt.
As a Sensor Engineer you will be working with colleagues from different teams and disciplines. If you prefer to work alone, this role may not suit you.
In addition, do you:
- have an analytical approach and a mindset for continuous improvement?
- have relevant education (bachelor's or higher)?
- have at least 2 - 3 years of experience with sensors?
- Love to build mockups and test out concepts at an early stage
At Cisco Webex Devices you can have your cake and eat it too. You will get the creative vigor of a medium-sized company with close colleagues and proximity to the decision-makers. At the same time, you will have the access to resources of one the largest technology companies in the world. At tiny Lysaker, we put great ideas into action.
We believe that happy people can make anything happen. That´s probably why we were ranked #1 World´s Best Workplace in both 2019 and 2020. In addition to a competitive salary, insurance, and other benefits, we offer
- a Cisco Fun aka Feeling young group – dedicated to creating great memories for the Webex-family
- a Cisco Play group that organizes yoga and weekly bootcamps, as well as an in-house fitness center – to strengthen your body and relieve your stress
- six weeks holiday – to make sure you´re well rested
- five (paid) days for volunteer work – to make the world a better place
- a day off on your birthday – because you deserve it
and of course, free ice cream on warm summer days!