Senior Visual UI Designer 1347779
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestWebex (Collaboration)
Senior Visual UI Designer
What You’ll Do
In the Collaboration Technology Group we build a lot of cool stuff! Our products include cloud, mobile/wireless, video, VoIP, collaboration, web, Internet of Things, TelePresence and a lot more. We’re looking for people who will help us define next gen experiences as all these technologies come together as a unified ecosystem. Your work will impact millions of people every day. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your ideas will impact everything from hybrid work, healthcare, and entertainment to public and private sectors. And sometimes even revolutionize them.
- Work on UIs for wireless phones and deskphone systems that include A.I. voice assistant, as well as UI integrations with Cisco and Webex devices such as headsets and web cameras.
- Contribute to the creation and extension of Cisco Collaboration’s visual design system.
- Evangelize good design practices, principles, and patterns.
- Facilitate communication across product teams through all phases of projects.
- Develop visual design prototypes ranging from interactive click-throughs to fully animated UI simulations.
- Develop visual interface guidelines and specifications.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to make complex work simple, seamless, and delightful.
- Build solid rapport with engineering teams while guiding them towards high quality design implementation.
- Work closely with interaction designers to achieve desired UX outcomes together via harmonized visual and interaction design.
- Create conceptual designs and suggest product direction based on field research and visual requirements.
- Work with user researchers to design and observe user testing and field studies.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join the Devices Technology Group. You will work closely with other visual designers, interaction designers, user researchers, product managers, and developers to define the user experience and visual design of Cisco’s collaboration products. You will be part of a team that is building next gen calling and meeting systems (primarily audio phones and video phones).
Who You Are
- You understand design is about problem solving.
- You understand that pen and paper and tangible materials are just as important to the design process as our digital tools (Figma, Sketch, etc).
- You love design challenges that require intelligent and nuanced solutions.
- You’re a student of design. Whether formal or self-taught, you have a solid understanding of design principles and patterns.
- You embrace lean processes: capturing key assumptions, forming hypotheses, willing to fail fast in order to learn and achieve desired outcomes.
- You leave your ego on the sidelines. You understand the best ideas can come from anyone.
- You are diligent in keeping your projects well organized.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to deliver results across multiple projects running in parallel.
- Ability to take a little direction and deliver well thought out designs.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a visual designer at a software (or tech) company.
- Experience working within a visual design system that serves a diverse product portfolio as well as experience influencing and contributing to a design system.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating skills and experience with touch UI (mobile or otherwise).
- Experience with UI animation design and micro-animations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present concepts with confidence and integrity (you bring a point of view about which direction is best)
- Expert level proficiency of the leading design and prototyping tools, e.g., Figma, Adobe CC Suite, etc.
- Icon/Illustration design
- 3D rendering production
Make sure to include a link to your portfolio with examples of touch interface design as well as your best visual work with any other types of interface or media (web, desktop/mobile apps, UI prototypes, etc).