Senior UX Creative Developer – Emerging Technologies & Incubation
Location:Rolle, Vaud, Switzerland
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
The Business Entity
We are a part of Emerging Technologies and Incubation Group focused on identifying breakthrough emerging solutions that create new markets and businesses for Cisco. We incubate these new opportunities in partnership with our business groups, partners and other startups. The team also continues to progress Cisco’s important work with Standards bodies and manage research partnerships with leading-edge Universities.
What You'll Do
As a Senior UX Creative Developer, you will work on various incubation projects. You will be part of a team which develops new MVPs and products that will be scaled out and taken to market to make a meaningful difference for Cisco and the industry. Specifically, you will:
- Drive product designs from concept to implementation while working closely with business stakeholders and customers
- Come up with UI and UX strategies based on our business goals
- Create and maintain digital assets such as diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual interactive mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- Develop platform UI infrastructures in simple, scalable ways to deliver an intuitive user experience for end-users
Who You'll Work With
The Emerging Technologies and Incubation (ET&I) team is a highly visible group which reports directly to Cisco’s CEO. ET&I focuses on the next wave of innovation by anticipating, investing in, and incubating new technologies and business ventures.
You will be part of the European incubation team in Switzerland, to develop new products, and bring them to market in a startup like environment.
Who You Are
- BSc (MSc a plus) in UX Design or Computer Science or a very strong experience in UX Design (Entrepreneur a plus)
- 12+ years of work experience (several years of front-end development a plus)
- Diverse experience in multiple companies and verticals (start-ups considered a plus)
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using industry-standards and tools like Figma, Sketch, Axure, and Invision
- Creative UX Designer with a history and portfolio demonstrating your skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Curious and a genuine desire for learning new technologies and developing new ideas
- Proficient in designing for data visualization
- Experience with popular front-end technologies like React, Angular, and Vue
- Experience with Docker containers, Java, NodeJS, relational databases, frameworks like Express and Spring a plus
- Exposure to design thinking and lean development methodologies like Scrum/Kanban are a strong plus
- Managing different projects simultaneously, at different stages of development
- Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions
- Fluent in written and spoken English
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.