Full Stack / Frontend Developer
Location:Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
Cisco Systems is offering an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small, innovative team with a low process, high throughput culture. The team is working on Cisco Defense Orchestrator, which manages policy and configuration of Security Business Group's firewalls. We are looking for an energetic Full Stack / Frontend Developer to help us build this innovative product.
- Participate as a technical contributor on a fast paced project team of engineers involved in the development of new, cloud based Cisco security products;
- Contribute to all phases of software development lifecycle, from requirement gathering through implementation, testing and maintaining multiple code modules;
- Contribute to the development of aggressive project goals and schedules;
- Create innovative solutions for complex technical problems.
Required Experience and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Angular and AngularJS 1.x;
- Proven experience writing automated tests using frameworks such as Cypress and Protractor;
- Good understanding of public clouds such as AWS and Azure;
- BS/CS with 5+ years of experience or MS/CS with 3+ years of experience.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of security technologies including firewalls and IPS;
- Experience contributing across a development stack
- Experience working in a start-up environment;
- Experience working on a SaaS product;
- Agile software development experience.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!