Senior Test Engineer (Manufacturing Operations)
Additional Location(s)Oslo, Norway Prague, Czech Republic, EU
Area of InterestSupply Chain
Who You'll Work With
Join our industry recognized Supply Chain Operations team. Over the last 10 years, Cisco’s Supply Chain has been among the top 10 global supply chains on Gartner’s annual Top 25 Supply Chain list.
The Cisco Supply Chain is responsible for new product introductions, manufacturing, logistics, sourcing and procurement, planning, quality, sustainability, supply chain security and many other functions.
Taking engineering innovations from the drawing board all the way through to our customers, whether it's complex, high-end, configure-to-order systems or high-volume off-the-shelf products, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for turning ideas into powerful customer solutions. Supply Chain Operations at Cisco is a global organization with more than 9,000 employees in over 50 locations around the world.
Our success is derived from our people and culture. We support risk taking, we encourage bold innovative ideas, and our leadership team is committed to helping our employees develop and grow within their careers.
Our vision is to enable the success of Cisco’s strategy. By being agile, driving innovation, productivity and scale, Cisco Supply Chain plays a huge role in the experience that Cisco delivers to our customers and partners.
What You'll Do
- Work as part of our engineering team in Manufacturing Operation and manage a daily support of our products, systems and tools in manufacturing.
- Help support the NPI and product ramps in manufacturing.
- You will develop test automation code for both SW & HW products as well as automation of job-related tasks.
- You will help solving automation and product related testing issues.
- Help analysing various sets of data for quality, process and other insights.
- Drive test optimization, test yield improvements and test process consistency within manufacturing sites.
- Initiate and/or execute the test excellence and transformational projects.
- You will also support product transfers between manufacturing sites.
Who You Are
- You are an energetic person, with the ability to multi-task and solve complex challenges.
- You possess creative problem solving skills and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- A BSc or MSc engineering degree within electronics or computing/science or equivalent experience in working in the automated manufacturing industry or any other automated testing of HW or SW.
- An understanding of test technologies and methods and design for Test (DFT) techniques and basic understanding of EMS industry-standard HW testing.
- Basic Linux/Unix shell scripting.
- A proficiency in programming, preferably Python.
- An understanding of statistical analysis (6 sigma, CpK).
- A solid understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals with an apatite for learning new technologies.
- You are comfortable with working in teams.
- You have good English verbal and written skills.
Nice to have:
- Basics of DB query experience (eq SQL, Cassandra, Hadoop).
- Fundamental project Management.
- Networking certificates like CCNA, CCNP, CCIE.
- Hold the right to live and work in European Union, without future company sponsorship required.
What Cisco offers you
- A competitive salary package with pension and insurances.
- Room to play: at Cisco, you will be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it is better to try and fail than not try at all.
- A world of opportunities: personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs.
- We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance. Our technologies and tools allow for flexible working arrangements and working from home.
- Culture of recognition: from praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco. This is all outlined in our People Deal manifesto.
Why you will love Cisco
Cisco didn’t just build the Internet. We keep building it. We believe our innovation and our edge comes from our people. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
- Cisco is ranked in the Top-30 Best Places to Work globally by Fortune and LinkedIn – you’ll be joining a world recognized brand with a great reputation.
- We are proud to have a strong culture of openness, trust and fun. Work together with like-minded innovators, some of the best brains in the business, in a supportive, connected and technologically advanced environment.
- You will be connected to people and information through the best collaboration tools and technologies.
- We ensure our employees have great work life balance; so every year you will be able to take your birthday off as an extra day’s holiday.
- At Cisco we want to work for the benefit of everyone. All our employees get 5 days a year to pursue voluntary causes they are passionate about through our Time2Give initiative.
- We have a wide range of generous benefits covering everything: from healthcare, to pensions, consumer discounts and gym membership.
- We ensure you are recognized for what you bring to Cisco through bonus schemes and our employee reward program Connected Recognition.
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations. This includes cloud, mobile, security, hardware, big data spaces, software and consulting services. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity; we are connecting the unconnected and transforming our customers' businesses worldwide.