Senior Test Automation Engineer - Cloud applications and services
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
Cisco strives to continue to improve the overall experience for our customers in providing quality products and services, and we take pride in what we do. To help us continue to deliver the highest quality possible the IoT Network QA is seeking more talent to join our team. We are looking for a highly motivated senior software test engineer who enjoys working with others who are as smart, creative, accountable, and driven as you are. If you thrive being in the middle of the action, working in an environment where you can quickly see the real impact of your contributions, we want you to join our team.
We are looking for new talent to join our Bangalore team. The IoT QA Team is a diverse team involved in the development, testing, automation and supporting of cloud-based wireless software. We need additional talent just like you! The candidate will be responsible for the designing, executing, automating and supporting the delivery of end to end solutions for the Cisco IoT Platform.
What You'll Do
· Create, automate and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
· Plan, Evaluate and support Cisco’s Core network changes (PGW, Core Network, Firewalls etc.) to ensure seamless services any network change.
· Lead MWs from IoT QA team and support business changes.
· Define test strategy/ Test plan, execute manual and automated test cases based on evolving and changing product specifications.
· Work with development to analyze and troubleshoot complex software use cases in order to influence product testability.
· Working cross-functionally to identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
· Effectively communicate with upper management and cross-functional teams
· Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
· Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco IoT the leader in Internet-of-Things (IoT) cloud platform. The Cisco IoT Platform empowers enterprises and mobile operators of all sizes to deploy successful IoT service businesses on a global scale. More than 1,000 companies, including many of the world's top brands, have chosen Cisco to fast-track their connected businesses. Mobile operator groups worldwide, representing over 100 network affiliates, partner with Cisco
Cisco is also a key partner of mobile network operators like AT&T, Telefonica, América Móvil, NTT Docomo, Telenor, and others. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, California), our Eastern U.S. Center of Excellence is in the Atlanta area (Alpharetta, Georgia), and we have a presence in eleven countries. We power IoT businesses around the world.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and a passion for learning, someone like you! An engineer with a bachelor's degree or Masters is required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering disciplines. Around 8 – 10 years of experience in the capacity of software quality assurance, requirement analysis, software design, and support. Proven ability in developing and managing test automation. Experience with Java and Java testing tools such as Selenium and JUnit as well as commercial testing tools like SoapUI, Rest API and AWT are required. Candidates should have exceptional problem solving, analytical and organization skills with a detail-oriented attitude.
· 8+ years of industry experience in Quality Assurance
· BS in Computer Science, Masters or equivalent experience
· Experience with a broad range of wireless hardware, software, and technologies including 3G, 4G-LTE, Mobile Core/EPC, IMS as well as competency with key networking elements such as routing, switching, and security.
· Experience in mobility/session management protocols and other network mobility protocols.
· Hands on experience with Cisco’s ASR5K, CPS (Cisco Policy Suite) suite is a big plus.
· Knowledge of AAA protocols such as DIAMETER and RADIUS and experience testing applications using these protocols.
· Experience with one or more scripting languages (Java, Python, Selenium, TestNG) for automation or test script development.
· Prior experience in testing software and/or networking applications in the areas of network/system management, reporting or any other software application that manages large volumes of data and provides dashboards and reporting features.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, good decision-making, and manage multiple assigned tasks including providing regular updates and communication with key project stakeholders.